Giro D' Italia Climbs and Categories

by enrique   April 14, 2013  

I asked the same question about Tirreno Adriatico and Omloop previously.

Basically, when I look at the Giro website I think all the climbs are still showing a "blue" color for their GPMs. I'm not sure why I haven't seen any references to the actual categorization of the climbs. I haven't seen any profiles that say Cat 1, Cat 2 etc...

Does anyone know if the categorizations exist? Can you point me to them? I read on cyclingnews.com that the Giro program is out, but it seems like the website is not updated.

Thanks!

3 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Ooops..

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1774 posts]
14th April 2013 - 16:07

3 Likes

The climb categories are in the UK version of the official programme, which is now out in the UK. Publication dates etc may vary between countries, but I imagine programmes published elsewhere will have exactly the same info.

There will be changes to what is currently on Giro website - I've had it confirmed for example that Stage 1 will be shorter than what's currently shown and won't be 10 long laps, it will be 4 long ones and 8 shorter ones.

RCS I imagine will give the site a full update at least a week before the race and unlike the TDF also make the full roadbook fully available.

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [8167 posts]
14th April 2013 - 16:51

4 Likes

Simon_MacMichael wrote:
The climb categories are in the UK version of the official programme, which is now out in the UK... RCS I imagine will give the site a full update at least a week before the race...

Thanks, Simon...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1774 posts]
15th April 2013 - 17:17

2 Likes