Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D' Italia Roster

1 Just wanted to point out Levi Leipheimer is listed for the Giro!  1

Still with Omega Pharma-Quick Step at 18.9 points!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

76 comments

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

ive already picked my all italian purist team and it aint bad. ive described them in another post...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Colombians (plus one Venezuelan) now selected!

For California, may see if I can go all-German. TdF all Brits, Yanks or Italians (not sure which yet) and all-French in the Vuelta.

Philip Unwin replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Colombians (plus one Venezuelan) now selected!

For California, may see if I can go all-German. TdF all Brits, Yanks or Italians (not sure which yet) and all-French in the Vuelta.

What about Aussies?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Here's a game for you then, pick three Italians for 50 credits or less, combined fantasy score at the end of the race wins.

Only riders making it to the end of the race count, if your's quits mid race, they get no points  19

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Here's a game for you then, pick three Italians for 50 credits or less, combined fantasy score at the end of the race wins.

Only riders making it to the end of the race count, if your's quits mid race, they get no points  19

Ha - the three that spring to mind add up to 50.1 credits! Always the way...

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I will do that... my 3 are Nibali, Locatelli and Aru

JAndrewHill replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I will go for...
paolini
santambrogio
chichi

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Nibali,Pirazzi,Gavazzi

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's how it's supposed to be, it's pronounced as a 'cruoghz' sound...  44

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not that it's relevant, but for some reason Tiziano Dall 'Antonia has a back-slash (\) in the middle of his last name in the game - "Tiziano Dall\'Antonia"  1

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Not that it's relevant, but for some reason Tiziano Dall 'Antonia has a back-slash (\) in the middle of his last name in the game - "Tiziano Dall\'Antonia"  1

Not that it's relevant, but for some reason now Tiziano Dall 'Antonia has 3 (!) back-slashes (\) in the middle of his last name in the game - "Tiziano Dall\\\'Antonia"  1

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Not that it's relevant, but...

I think Cyclingnews.com has Vincenzo Nibali as ViNcenzo, but in the game he appears as Vicenzo...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sounds like fun, and an interesting idea, I'll look forward to your French team during the Tour de France.

I suppose a purely Italian team would be too easy? Might have a look just for fun.

EDIT: Yes, very easy to put a purely Italian team together.

And if you wanted to stick to your Columbian team you can always pick a non-rider like Anacona of Lampre to fill a spot, there's also a Columbian on Movistar I think.

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

EDIT: Yes, very easy to put a purely Italian team together.

Yes, without even trying, I have 5 Italians in my purist team anyway! And 2 Brits (wonder who they could be...), a Russian and a Frenchman. Chances of me not changing it all around again by Saturday are fairly slim...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks both for the advice - I was thinking about Bouhanni/Degenkolb for the purist, but have now hit on the slightly mad idea of having a Colombian-only purist team (N.B. my purist teams *always* bomb, so for the rest of the season I'm deploying national teams in the purist comps).

It's actually not quite possible because of the two-riders-per-team rule. But I've topped up with a Venezuelan, whihc is as close as you can get and I'm sure you'll all agree is fair enough.

I suspect my purist points will come in the mountains.  4

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

With FDJ having Demare and Bouhanni I think Bouhanni has to take this chance to prove himself and he is a strong sprinter, I wouldn't count him out of the tougher finishes. Plus, with the way the scores are weighted towards the top places it may be that Bouhanni would score more in 5 stages than Degenkolb would in 7.

Anyway, I won't be picking either for my purist team  4

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone have any thoughts on how Bouhanni might get on? Torn between him and Degenkolb at the mo.

NeilG83 replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ghedebrav, are you asking about your purist team or for Stage 1.

I would pick Bouhanni over Degenkolb for stage 1 as he seems to have the better form so far this season.

But if you're looking for a sprinter for a purist Degenkolb will probably feature in the tougher finishes as well as the completely flat ones so would be a good pick. Also, it's possible that Bouhanni may not finish. He may quit before the mountains to focus on the Tour de France

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Between the top gc riders i dont think there is very much in it, it's the strength of the team thats going to win.

Dark horse will be the Movistar team imho, very strong line up with no outright superstar.

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Garmin still have one more to confirm. Hoping to see Dan Martin given a go.

chrisdstripes replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Garmin still have one more to confirm. Hoping to see Dan Martin given a go.

So its Danielson - interesting. That'll definitely be better support for Ryder than he had last year...

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tingling with anticipation for this one....Personally thought that Nibs was a cert for this, and yet now with the Brad - Froome rivallry flaring up again, I think Wiggo will be fired up enough to hang on in the bigger hills....Should be quite a race....  1

chrisdstripes replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Tingling with anticipation for this one....Personally thought that Nibs was a cert for this, and yet now with the Brad - Froome rivallry flaring up again, I think Wiggo will be fired up enough to hang on in the bigger hills....Should be quite a race....  1

Yeah! Hesjedal has looked strong too, and I wonder if Cadel Evans still has something up his sleeve? BMC I think are the only team still to confirm their line-up, so we might have a full startlist by the end of today...

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok, I think I have settled on my purist team, as long as there no no last minute pull outs.

It includes...

The Italian who is good going downhill, whilst snacking.
The 33 year old italian climber who shares my birthday
The italian sprinter ,but not the first lady of song
The italian sprinter with the husky build of a sprinter and the ability to put out amazing watts
The italian who beat Cav in a sprint earlier this year
Better have the in form Italian climber
The italian not to be confused with the Anglian Ruskin University
The former italian domestique of Marco Pantani
The italian with his head above the clouds

oops, thats 9 italians :0)

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Why is Wiggins the only rider classified as a GC rider for the Giro?...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Any other premium fantasy types enjoying the wee break?

I love the game, obvs, but sometimes it's nice not to spend the day consumed with existential angst about whether Sebastian Reichanbach managed to get himself in the break or not.

NeilG83 replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was enjoying a break from the game, but a couple of days ago I discovered the Pro Cycling Stats website, so all my free time has been taken up studying past results and the Giro stage profiles trying to pick a team for the Giro, so I can win that Bianchi.
I'm considering taking Road.cc to court for ruining my social life as I spend so much time playing their addictive game.

chrisdstripes replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Any other premium fantasy types enjoying the wee break?

I love the game, obvs, but sometimes it's nice not to spend the day consumed with existential angst about whether Sebastian Reichanbach managed to get himself in the break or not.

Plus one for that!

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers, hadn't checked that to be honest

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh that's how you do it!  7

Pages

Latest Comments

• OnYerBike 0 sec ago

Wax tends to last longer than wet lube between applications (although varies depending on brand of wax/lube). So, however frequently (or...

• Steve Williams 5 min 31 sec ago

Personally I find have my arms wider just makes it that little bit easier to breathe - I wonder if others do too? Got to love the toe clips, 5mm...

• mattw 27 min ago

The road is an in-out No Motor Vehicles Except Access loop with no vehicle access in the middle of the loop ie effectively a crescent....

• cyclisto 45 min 10 sec ago

I understand that if it is on sale, most likely it will be sold. I am just trying to understand its benefits....

• DJameson 53 min 17 sec ago

My regular Aldi is urban, and the bike racks are heavily used and fantastic. I appreciate that they're right outside the plate glass, so any...

• Rendel Harris 1 hour 16 sec ago

So, just as an example, what had five-month-old twins Naeim and Wissam Abu Anza, killed in an Israeli airstrike on a civilian house, done in their...

• Rod Marton 1 hour 22 min ago

The good news is that GWR no longer insist on bike bookings. Though this doesn't solve all the other issues with carrying bikes on GWR trains....

• Steve K 1 hour 55 min ago

On the subject of other vehicles blocking cycle lanes, there is a point on the Croydon Tram between Waddon and West Croydon where it is designed in...

• daccordimark 2 hours 8 min ago

I've had one of these since November and agree it's good value for money. For me, the ride is a bit harsh and I can't really detect any comfort...

• mark1a 2 hours 39 min ago

I tried something similar with some timber and a pair of Delta hitches, with (unlike yourself) limited success, and so for people like myself with...