Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Straw poll time please

Read the review of the Vulpine trousers and watch the embedded video first

Now, do you think this is funny or not funny and is it right for Road.cc

I really dont want to come across as priggish or humourless. This just doesnt seem the site to me for this but Tony and others clearly disagree.

Out of sheer interest i wondered if I was in a minority on this one and thought i'd ask on the forum what others think

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

700c | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you make penis jokes in your review, you've got to expect some may make negative comments, surely?!

Quite untypical from road cc.. When the inevitable negative feedback comes in, telling the reader to chill out and get off his high horse, criticising him for starting a thread (!) Is a bit of an overreaction, no?

Penis gag quite amusing, by the way..

Forester | 11 years ago
0 likes

if that's where his testicles are, I'm surprised his voice isn't a few octaves higher.

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's a little puerile, and not really funny. Certainly sticks out a bit in the context of most other reviews on the site.

Might also be an idea to learn some (very basic) editing skills and cut off the "is it on" at the start of the video too...

Pisiform | 11 years ago
0 likes

By the way the thread was only started to initiate a debate as i thought it was an interesting issue.

What i should have said was do you think the reviewer should have been in hi vis with a helmet on?

(Now goes off to find own helmet to deal with flak)

Pisiform | 11 years ago
0 likes

Fair enough, it looks like i'm in a minority. I'lll get my bike.....

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I read the review and watched the video when there were no comments, just been back and looked. I think you made your point without starting this thread.

As you did, you are only drawing more attention to the review, the product and the video, so on behalf of Road.cc. I say thanks  19  19  19

I you would like to see what all the fuss is about for yourself and see what's got Pisiform's goat. Go here
http://road.cc/content/review/79945-vulpine-tailored-trousers

farrell | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow, I thought you'd overreacted with your comments on the original thread but to have gone to all the effort of another thread about it is a bit much.

It was a chuck away bit of fluff, not an issue.

Chill out - more riding bikes, less riding high horses.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Although I didn't really find it funny, it was mildly amusing and also a novel way to show the stretch. How else would you suggest it was shown?

Latest Comments