Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gilbert - a gamble?

Ah, trying to pick a purist team for the all three of the Ardennes classics. The history books say Gilbert is a given, his form however says the opposite.

In football they say form is temporary, class is permanent but I don't buy that when it come to cycling. How about you?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Mine is Betancur....especially now it's spelt correctly!!

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

The first name inn my squad is Kiryenka

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know BMC have underachieved so far, but I feel like thats down to having too many potential leaders (Hushovd/Phinney/GVA) in one team. If they unite behind Gilbert for the Ardennes, as they surely will, he will do fine. First name on the team sheet for me...

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, here's your answer, in the results for Brabanste Pijl:

You can't count Gilbert out when he's 2nd to Sagan in a race!  1

1 SAGAN Peter
2 GILBERT Philippe
3 LEUKEMANS Bjorn
4 CHAVANEL Sylvain
5 GESCHKE Simon
6 VAN AVERMAET Greg
7 MALACARNE Davide
8 DEVOLDER Stijn
9 VOSS Paul
10 DEHAES Kenny
11 MAES Nikolas
12 LAGUTIN Sergey
13 GALLOPIN Tony
14 VOECKLER Thomas
15 WYSS Danilo

beej.a wrote:

any BMC rider is a gamble

And as far as BMC being a gamble, well, there's 3 BMC riders in the Top 15! Gilbert, Van Avermaet and Wyss! It seems to me that at least Van Avermaet has been pretty consistent this season...

beej.a | 11 years ago
0 likes

any BMC rider is a gamble

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd say he'd probably be the most popular rider for purist teams,perhaps slightly less so for standard at least until people see how he goes at Amstel.

For me he's a must at that price.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He didn't have the form last year and would still have been worth it for his points. Had he been 40 credits this year then maybe no, but at 28 credits he will be in my team

Latest Comments