Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Amstel Gold Race

Ok, I'm early but we teachers are still off in North Yorks, and this is a good distraction from planning and marking.

Looking at draft team options for Sunday and there are currently 23 Dutch riders listed as potentially riding. Whilst a Dutch rider hasn't won since (E) Dekker in 2001, statistically they're the most successful nation in the race, with 17 victories. Then it's the Belgians with 11, Italians 6 and others 3 or fewer.

With Sagan as the exception, I'm confident in fielding 8 Dutch riders who could do well. I'm sure they won't all remain in my team, but could this be a year for a 'home' victory? Mollema, Terpstra etc...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

86 comments

chrisdstripes replied to Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Well, I missed the Spilak boat then. I'm looking for good performances from Vansummeren, Ulissi, Bouhanni and... Elmiger!

I've developed a soft spot for this IAM team, even more so if Cancellara makes a move there next season (revelations from Spanish doctors hopfeully notwithstanding).

Yes I like Iam too - had Lofkvist in my team until his injury. Elmiger got me good points in some races last season, could be a good outside bet!

davemchol | 11 years ago
0 likes

hi cat seem at access the team i picked for todays race. I changed tie riders a couple of days ago but cant find any trace ?

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Click on competititions and then spring classics and it should show it.

The Giro D'Italia,Giro Del Trentino AND Spring classics are all currently open and,when you log in it takes you straight to the Giro D'Italia.

davemchol | 11 years ago
0 likes

ok will try tht thanks ray

davemchol | 11 years ago
0 likes

just tried it goes to Fleche Wallonie race and still has my riders that I selected from Paris-Roubaix. I also picked a team for the Giro Trentino however that is now blank also

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got
Standard

Sagan
Gilbert
Mollema
Henao
Vanendert
Quintana
Weening
Betancur
Paterski

Bring in Purito for the next one. Not sure how bothered he'll be about this one, more of a warm-up I think! Mollema has got good form and something has to go right for Sky eventually. Henao in good form as well. Glad Vanendert is not in the break, he can do better than that. Reckon it'll be Sagan Gilbert 1 2.

Forgot about purist!

davemchol | 11 years ago
0 likes

i had a team of

Rodriguez
Mollema
Gilbert
Weening
Gasparatto
Betancur
Quintana
Nordhaug
De Clecq

yet nothings there. Is it possible for someone to check ? Is it possible to check log in times etc?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I see most people piling in with Sagan, I have him in my purist but my normal there is thus

Simon Gerrans
Gianni Meersman
Philippe Gilbert
Enrico Gasparotto
Michal Kwiatkowski
Tom Jelte Slagter
Jon Izagirre
Nairo Quintana
Pablo Lastras

JAndrewHill replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I see most people piling in with Sagan, I have him in my purist but my normal there is thus

Simon Gerrans
Gianni Meersman
Philippe Gilbert
Enrico Gasparotto
Michal Kwiatkowski
Tom Jelte Slagter
Jon Izagirre
Nairo Quintana
Pablo Lastras

Aha, another one with slagter...but no leukemams.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Purito down and quite possibly out...

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go Spilak!

chiv30 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Can't see many big scores today  7

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Quite happy at dropping Sagan, God knows who finished where, but I have a few in the top 10.

I think I have 3,4,5,8

JAndrew, Leukemans came 7th  3

0 likes

I got 2,3,4, but a lot of people would have had Weening in 6th, and Gasparotto was 8th or 9th...

chiv30 | 11 years ago
0 likes

4th and 6th so far for me  2

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... my normal... is

Simon Gerrans
Gianni Meersman
Philippe Gilbert
Enrico Gasparotto
Michal Kwiatkowski
Tom Jelte Slagter
Jon Izagirre
Nairo Quintana
Pablo Lastras

Well, you've got 4 in the Top 10!  1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Quite happy I dropped Voeckler at stupid o'clock this morning, he feel and has a broken collar bone

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Some sites are giving Meersman as 5th, some are giving it to Kwiatowski  7

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was Kwiatowski from what I saw, but to me it doesn't matter I have both.

Just about to do the scores.

Who were in the break at half way as I missed it  3

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

Foiled again by the transfer window closing before I could get a team together. I think I had a whopping two active riders on my roster and apparently getting up at 2:30 AM isn't early enough to get in before the window closes.  2

chiv30 replied to TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:

Foiled again by the transfer window closing before I could get a team together. I think I had a whopping two active riders on my roster and apparently getting up at 2:30 AM isn't early enough to get in before the window closes.  2

Could always do it a couple of days before.....  7

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... Just about to do the scores...

Where are you looking at for the full results?...

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

um 1,3,4,8 for me so far  4

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

All change for top ten at PCS

Gkam84 replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

... Just about to do the scores...

Where are you looking at for the full results?...

Trade secret  19

TheBigMong replied to chiv30 | 11 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
TheBigMong wrote:

Could always do it a couple of days before.....  7

That's not always an option when you have a newborn and recovering momma to take care of while getting unpacked in a new house and supervising construction on your property!  4

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... Trade secret  19

Well, if I could read Dutch I'd try their website, of course, But I'm lost there!  1

0 likes

Whats on PCS now is more likely - there was definitely a Sky rider right up there so the initial ten on the TV must have been wrong. No sign of 11-20 yet though. I'm happy with 2,3,5 - anything else will be a bonus. J-Rod didn't look good - throws a tricky decision in there for Wednesday...

Timbo13 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Timbo13 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pages

Latest Comments