Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Amstel Gold Race

Ok, I'm early but we teachers are still off in North Yorks, and this is a good distraction from planning and marking.

Looking at draft team options for Sunday and there are currently 23 Dutch riders listed as potentially riding. Whilst a Dutch rider hasn't won since (E) Dekker in 2001, statistically they're the most successful nation in the race, with 17 victories. Then it's the Belgians with 11, Italians 6 and others 3 or fewer.

With Sagan as the exception, I'm confident in fielding 8 Dutch riders who could do well. I'm sure they won't all remain in my team, but could this be a year for a 'home' victory? Mollema, Terpstra etc...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

86 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Quite happy at dropping Sagan, God knows who finished where, but I have a few in the top 10.

I think I have 3,4,5,8

JAndrew, Leukemans came 7th  3

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got 2,3,4, but a lot of people would have had Weening in 6th, and Gasparotto was 8th or 9th...

chiv30 | 11 years ago
0 likes

4th and 6th so far for me  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Quite happy I dropped Voeckler at stupid o'clock this morning, he feel and has a broken collar bone

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Some sites are giving Meersman as 5th, some are giving it to Kwiatowski  7

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was Kwiatowski from what I saw, but to me it doesn't matter I have both.

Just about to do the scores.

Who were in the break at half way as I missed it  3

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

Foiled again by the transfer window closing before I could get a team together. I think I had a whopping two active riders on my roster and apparently getting up at 2:30 AM isn't early enough to get in before the window closes.  2

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

um 1,3,4,8 for me so far  4

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

All change for top ten at PCS

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Whats on PCS now is more likely - there was definitely a Sky rider right up there so the initial ten on the TV must have been wrong. No sign of 11-20 yet though. I'm happy with 2,3,5 - anything else will be a bonus. J-Rod didn't look good - throws a tricky decision in there for Wednesday...

Timbo13 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Timbo13 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmm.3,5,8 plus ten points for Vansummeren in the breakaway (I think).

Not great.

chiv30 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh and if those are official .....5,8,16  20
Bad day at the office

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So the break guys are De Troyer, Pliuschin, Astarloza, Vanoverberghe and Vansummeren  39

Don't know if they all finished, but on Dave's scoring, they all get 10....I would have the finishers only, but its Dave's game  19

charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wahey, stage podium for purist - the one badge I never thought I would get! Roll on 10k to complete the set.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Disaster is all I have to say

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks folks, as I said, I had no idea who was in the break at half way. I was relying on the posts here, I shall go add those two now.

As for MORE game pages enrique, just go make your own game, its starting to get boring that you are asking for more and more and then starting threads to comment on everything  102

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, you've given the wrong sorensen 7 points for 14th. Should be Nicki not Chris.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, the  3 made it look like I was joking, I didn't tune in till the 80km to go mark, I had so many other sports to watch  4

I get my info direct from the UCI and that is NOT a joke either  26  26

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

90 points for me, happy with that.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

We kind of got that you'd like to see that when you said it the first time, there was no need to requote yourself again mere hours later. Everyone on the forums is capable of reading and just because a brand new feature isn't implemented within minutes of it being suggested doesn't mean suggestions haven't been seen.

Also, that functionality is already in the damn game. Just click on the rider's name.

For what its worth Sagan was picked by 63% of teams which seems reasonable as quite a few purist teams won't have gone for him.

chiv30 replied to TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:

Foiled again by the transfer window closing before I could get a team together. I think I had a whopping two active riders on my roster and apparently getting up at 2:30 AM isn't early enough to get in before the window closes.  2

Could always do it a couple of days before.....  7

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... Just about to do the scores...

Where are you looking at for the full results?...

Wig_Billy replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

um 1,3,4,8 for me so far  4

Chapeau. I considered a lot of riders for this race, but Kreuziger was not one of them.

enrique replied to Timbo13 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Timbo13 wrote:

Official results in

http://www.amstel.nl/~/media/Websites/Amstel/Evenement/Amstel%20Gold%20R...

Ah, you're the man! Thanks! Where did you find it? Can you read dutch?  1

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

So the break guys are De Troyer, Pliuschin, Astarloza, Vanoverberghe and Vansummeren...

I may be wrong, but, I want to say that I think you should add Nicolas Vogondy (Accent Jobs) and Klaas Sys (Crelan-Euphony) to your break guys... I'm pretty sure they joined the guys you have in the break before the halfpoint of the race...

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Disaster is all I have to say

34 points for both of us TER....the only upside for me is that it's double my score for the Amstel last season!!

enrique replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

We kind of got that you'd like to see that when you said it the first time...

Yeah, I know, I just did it just to see if I could piss Gkam off  1 ...

Gkam84 replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

... Just about to do the scores...

Where are you looking at for the full results?...

Trade secret  19

Pages

Latest Comments