Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Clamp-on Bottle Cage

Hi. Need to get some more bottle storage on my 1980's Peugeot which I'm using for a 100K Nightrider in June.
It's only got one set of bolt holes on the down tube so there is space on the seat tube.
Anyone know of a decent clamp on bottle holder and possible sources?
Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

jova54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that Tuvelo.

I've been getting some miles in recently but only about 15 to 20 Ks at a time at the moment and I've been doing that on just one bottle, so there might not be a need for another cage. Not ridden so far in a long time so the body is taking some time to get used to the exercise.

Tuvelo | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you are only doing it for Nightrider there are breaks where you can refill every 20km - one bottle was enough for me.

FMOAB | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ouch, never noticed the price!

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cable ties and a bit of tape or rubber to stop your frame getting scratched and help stop it slipping? Pretty cheap way to do it.

farrell | 11 years ago
0 likes

I picked up a bottle holder from Halford's as I didn't want to drill into my Bertin.

One of these in fact:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_...

It's been on for almost two years now and I've had no mither with it.

jova54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers for the suggestions guys.

That 2nd one FMOAB costs more than my bike did  13

Not sure about drilling the frame, doesn't really need to be permanent, so probably going to look at the BETO and ZEFAL options.

chokofingrz | 11 years ago
0 likes

On your steel Peugeot a good bike shop can drill a new pair of bolt-holes into the seat tube.

No need to be too precious about the frame when it's a permanent upgrade with hardly any downside.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have a few of this for my trike. Much better than anything metal that can mark your frame, on and off in seconds and once on, secure as anything you will find.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320836549034

KiwiMike | 11 years ago
0 likes

Google or Amazon: 'Zefal Gizmo'. Bomb-proof. Sorted.

Latest Comments