Home

So I have just returned from around a year off the bike due to serious injury and I find myself with a reasonable level of fitness, I want to get good again.
1) I need new cleats, shoes, the works, what would make a good pair for around £100? Best shoes? Best pedals?
2) Any advice on buying rollers? Do people prefer turbos? Are there good makes to look out for?
Thanks!

3 comments

Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Got a DKN Ergometer 3.0. It's got watts as well as everything else, cost me about £250, which is cheap for power. Small enough to fit in a bit of my bay window and I can watch TV while I train. The rest of the family even use it sometimes as well.

Cycle_Jim [264 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I have a pair of shimano R087, they are quite a bit under budget for you but I really like them! They look sharp...if you can keep them clean that is.

700c [981 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I've found Dhb's carbon shoe really good - comfortable, well fitting and stiff, an upgrade from my more expensive Lakes (unreliable BOA system)

For turbos, I use a tacx satori, think I paid about £160. Bit of a bargain and I've been very happy with it. Well designed, folds away very small, big range of resistance. As a turbo it makes a useful 'stand' for some adjustment and maintenance jobs.