Home

OK, I wouldn't classify a 'cross bike as a road bike, but a lot of manufacturers do, so I am going to sneak this question in here and hope no-one minds...

I am looking to get a 'cross bike. It will eventually be used (if all goes to plan) for full on 'cross racing, but first it will be used for a month long tour carrying all of my gear. I am looking at the Stevens cyclocross 105, the 2013 model. Anyone got any thoughts or experience on this bike or the older models? Be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rowan

2 comments

B-Twinners [6 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi, i'm not too sure about this model but you could also look at the B'Twin cyclo cross model. It gets the 105 but at a fraction of the price at £749. Only trouble is it's fairly rare in UK and new ones are not out until later in the year. http://www.decathlon.fr/velo-cyclo-cross-id_8113183.html

Tour Le Tour [90 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Hmm, that BTwin looks like a pretty well spec'd bike for that price! I bought the Stevens though - happy with it so far, though the front end is fairly harsh. That could be in part because of the super stiff wheel I put in there though.