Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Alternative to Gore Xenon AS jacket?

Hiya

I've been looking for a cycling jacket that is lightweight enough to pack into a jersey pocket for when it rains or the sun goes in or you stop and get cold. I'm a bit of a fan of Gore Bike Wear so ordered the Xenon II active shell jacket and it arrived today

I love the jacket - it's really lightweight and packs into its own pocket, but...! I'm too fat!

Fits lovely across the chest and on the arms (Gore is usually too long in the arms), but across the gut it is just that little too tight. So looking for suggestions

Do I a) swap it for something else and if so, what? or b) do some planks and sit-ups to get a flatter belly?!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Bedfordshire Clanger | 11 years ago
0 likes

Forget the sit ups and planks, ride your bike!!!! 10 hours a week will see you shed those pounds pretty quickly. You might not think that you can do it but just find a way of fitting the bike into your lifestyle, be it commuting, rolling out of bed sooner or finding time in the newly light evenings. You won't regret it.

Manchestercyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Order a larger size! I've had a gore xenon jacket for six years. It's breatable, packable, tough (I've had a few spills and it's not even scratched), and totally windproof ofcourse. Trust me this is the best apparel investment you can make

djgorey replied to Manchestercyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes
GREGJONES wrote:

Order a larger size!

I forgot about option c)  40

It fits great across the shoulders and everywhere els, just not around the belly!

Latest Comments