For sale : Commencal frame. 58 cm very rare with EXTRAS. £100

by JWil   April 5, 2013  

PRICE INCLUDES FRAME, HEADSET, SEATPOST, BARS, STEM, SHIFTERS

I have a 58 cm Commencal Colt road bike frame for sale. This is a very rare frame and has a number on the headbadge indicating the limited run of this model. The frame is made from Commencal's Nuts+ aluminium, and is a compact format so a sloping downtube. It is a very responsive ride,lightweight and climbs well. This frame would suit a rider starting in the sport (as I did with this bike) or someone looking for a second bike. I am 6ft 3" and this is a good fit for me; the compact geometry offers good reach for taller riders (6ft-6ft 3).
Admittedly, there are several scratches from general wear of the frame but it cleans up well and there is no structural damage. There are other models of the Colt frame, but you will be hard pushed to find a gold and black one - very understated design which always turns heads.

The frame plus extras weighs 5.5kg and could be built into a sub 10kg bike easily.

I have left on a set of 2007 Shimano Tiagra 9-speed brake/gear shifters and also the original Commencal seatpost and stem. The headset is an internal FSA model and has been replaced since the bike was first bought. The Fisik bar tape is 2 months old.

I have not ridden the frame since last summer as I upgraded, so it has been kept dry.

£100 gets you a really nice frame and extras.

Please email me if interested. Pickup in Oxford only

AttachmentSize
Commencal 2.jpg38.84 KB
CommencalColt2.jpg59.9 KB