Home

With stage one being a double header, do we just have to pick one team for both stages. I am assuming that stage and GC points will be scored for both parts of the stage? Is it full points for both?

18 comments

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

It will be done as two separate stages, as thats the easiest way to do it, as the 2nd part of stage 1 is a TTT. you will have the normal amount of transfers as if it were two separate stages. Points will be scored as normal for each part

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

'Stage 2' being a TTT that's probably the best way of doing it.

I probably won't even both making transfers for it to be honest so for me it'll just be 2 extra transfers for the next day.

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

You're keen, serge78 !

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

'Stage 2' being a TTT that's probably the best way of doing it.

I probably won't even both making transfers for it to be honest so for me it'll just be 2 extra transfers for the next day.

Maybe, unless I could do 1a and 1b?
Im waiting on info for the race, can't find anything beyond the stage locations and the distances yet.

Yeh I won't make changes in between either.
I think stage 1 will be pretty flat followed by 3 hillier stages

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

You can name stages whatever you want (P for prologue etc) so 1a and 1b should be fine.

Another option could be to run them as two stages with no transfer window in between so they're scored separately but you submit one team for the day.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

You can name stages whatever you want (P for prologue etc) so 1a and 1b should be fine.

Another option could be to run them as two stages with no transfer window in between so they're scored separately but you submit one team for the day.

And give 4 transfers stage 2? could be an idea, so no-one get caught out

Avatar
northstar [1108 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Here's the stage profiles (bar the TTT)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=20319

The images are hosted from the official website but they don't show up there for some reason.

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

You can name stages whatever you want (P for prologue etc) so 1a and 1b should be fine.

Another option could be to run them as two stages with no transfer window in between so they're scored separately but you submit one team for the day.

And give 4 transfers stage 2? could be an idea, so no-one get caught out

You can set 0 transfers for a stage so in theory you could keep it to 2 but 4 may keep everyone happy  4

The problem will be making sure that people are aware of how it's going to work as no doubt whatever you do someone will complain. If you set no transfer window for 1b then some numpty will still make two changes for the TTT without realising they won't apply.

It's up to you but whatever you do, someone will moan.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Here's the stage profiles (bar the TTT)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=20319

The images are hosted from the official website but they don't show up there for some reason.

Cheers  1

Yeh was going to say I can't find them on the official site, also need the full complement of teams, but I can start some prep now so thanks.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I think less would moan if it was 0 transfers between stage 1a and 1b and then 4 for stage 2, than if it was 2 between 1a and 1b and 2 for stage 2 and potentially only a 6 hour transfer window between stage 1a and 1b

Avatar
AWPeleton [3267 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I think less would moan if it was 0 transfers between stage 1a and 1b and then 4 for stage 2, than if it was 2 between 1a and 1b and 2 for stage 2 and potentially only a 6 hour transfer window between stage 1a and 1b

Agree totally with you there, but as experience will tell you, you will always get someone who will moan.

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1720 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

NB - no biggie, but when I click "What's coming up" on my dashboard, the Trentino isn't on there - presumably because it was added a bit later.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

NB - no biggie, but when I click "What's coming up" on my dashboard, the Trentino isn't on there - presumably because it was added a bit later.

Its because I haven't added the stages yet, but now ive been pointed to the profiles as they are not on the official site I will add the stages shortly

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1720 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Ah, I see - cool.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Right decision made, there will be no transfers allowed between stage 1a and 1b, but 4 transfers will be given going into stage 2

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

also would you class stage 1a as flat or medium mountains (don't want to make the same mistake as for Tirreno)

see link http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=20319

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Without full climb details (like length and gradient) it's tough to tell but I'd go MM. The single hill at the end looks enough to break up the field and with 13km from summit to finish it could go either way with some teams looking to bring it all back to togther for a bunch sprint.

I doubt it'll be a large field bunch sprint but it may be a sprinter that wins it.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4586 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Without full climb details (like length and gradient) it's tough to tell but I'd go MM. The single hill at the end looks enough to break up the field and with 13km from summit to finish it could go either way with some teams looking to bring it all back to togther for a bunch sprint.

I doubt it'll be a large field bunch sprint but it may be a sprinter that wins it.

Will play it safe with MM then, can't see many out and out sprinters racing, its a stage for someone like Dumoulin