Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta al Pais Vasco - Stage 4

Tough decisions to make today, will Txurruka go in the break again?  Will the same people be racing for the win or will the slightly easier finale make for a different selection.

My transfer decisions are basically which 2 of 3 riders do I drop for which 2 of 3 I want?

I can either drop Fuglsang and Barguil for Ulissi and Didier or another sub 6 credit rider or I can drop Peraud and Barguil for Ulissi and Txurruka.

I don't really want to drop Peraud and I'm worried that Txurruka pretty much has the jersey sewn up now so won't go in the break today but he's a guaranteed 10 points whatever happens.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

121 comments

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Dropped Spilak, Barguil and Fuglsang, drafted in Cardoso, Txurruka and Ulissi

Contador
Peraud
Porte
Sanchez
Quintana
Ulissi
Cardoso
Txurruka
Betancurt

In the end decided that Spilak was boring and steady enough to get rid of, can't see him getting more than 15 points today. Plan is to keep it broadly the same tomorrow then bring in Martin, Talansky and a couple of others and drop Contador, maybe Quintana and possibly Sanchez.

Drop Contador, really?

Quintana had a good ITT recently too (Paris-Nice Col D'Eze)3rd behind Porte/Talansky and beating Tejay,Kloden,Peraud,Chavanel,Coppel,Menchov,Velits and Spilak amongst others¬!!

Yes but that was totally different, 9km up a hill is what Qunitana is good at, not 24km on rolling terrain

As I said  3

Well I paid the price, it was a surprise though

Pages

Latest Comments