Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta al Pais Vasco - Stage 4

Tough decisions to make today, will Txurruka go in the break again?  Will the same people be racing for the win or will the slightly easier finale make for a different selection.

My transfer decisions are basically which 2 of 3 riders do I drop for which 2 of 3 I want?

I can either drop Fuglsang and Barguil for Ulissi and Didier or another sub 6 credit rider or I can drop Peraud and Barguil for Ulissi and Txurruka.

I don't really want to drop Peraud and I'm worried that Txurruka pretty much has the jersey sewn up now so won't go in the break today but he's a guaranteed 10 points whatever happens.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

121 comments

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Personally i think if its a summit finish you should get KOM points, you would if it was a mountain earlier in the stage so why not here ?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Because you don't get sprint points on a flat stage but you do in intermediate sprints, what's the difference?

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rather than being a summit finish, this was more of a PLUMMET finish....as Talanski and a.n.other will concur

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's the same finish as Stage 3 of last year's Vuelta. The finish is approx 2km after the KoM point. The KoM was scored then so it should probably be scored this time. I don't really care one way or the other though. I'd just like a decision so we can all find out our scores for the day.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Apologies for the delay, after a stewards enquiry the official decision is that the points count.

In future, if it's a HM (high mountain stage, as today's is) then it's not officially a summit finish and therefore the KoM point will apply.

Make sense?

Scores are updating.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I've got this right - I have 3 transfers for tommorrow but if i don't use one, I will lose it / won't have 5 for the TT?

Thanks

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I'm premium, i thought the same rules applied, thanks dr  16

NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have been playing this game for almost 2 years and have finally finished 1st on a stage. 255pts for me today.

Have got all the badges except the 10,000pts now too.  4

enrique replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

... I'll have to take a look at the profile when I score the stage...

Why oes it take so long to score the stage and put up the results?  2

Alan Tullett wrote:

Usually such finishes are not scored.

chrisdstripes wrote:

If the finish line is also the KOM line, then they aren't scored, but that isn't the case here.... it seems funny to have it as a discretionary rule when it could just be black-and-white - all KOMs count unless it is also the finish line.

I agree... Score it...

stumps wrote:

Personally i think if its a summit finish you should get KOM points, you would if it was a mountain earlier in the stage so why not here ?

I agree...

simon F replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Apologies for the delay, after a stewards enquiry the official decision is that the points count.

In future, if it's a HM (high mountain stage, as today's is) then it's not officially a summit finish and therefore the KoM point will apply.

Make sense?

Scores are updating.

All seems perfectly reasonable and makes sense. Thanks for sorting it out (with or without the stewards' help)

chrisdstripes replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Rather than being a summit finish, this was more of a PLUMMET finish....as Talanski and a.n.other will concur

That deserves a big laughing face  21

drheaton replied to northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

I think I've got this right - I have 3 transfers for tommorrow but if i don't use one, I will lose it / won't have 5 for the TT?

Thanks

It depends, are you premium? Standard players can carry two forward so can have at most 4, there is no limit on how many transfers a premium player can roll forward.

enrique replied to NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes
NeilG83 wrote:

I... finally finished 1st on a stage. 255pts for me today.

Wow! Pretty cool! Nice!  1 You must be 1st on the High Scores for the season, too!  1

drheaton replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

... I'll have to take a look at the profile when I score the stage...

Why oes it take so long to score the stage and put up the results?  2

Enrique, the full results have only been available for a short while (we have to wait for official results on all climbs/sprints etc) so it's not like we can update them immediately on the finish of the race. I can't rely on unofficial twitter feeds or anything like that, I need cold hard official results or something like what Cycling News provides which is what I usually use.

Anyway, those doing the scoring also have jobs and other commitments that mean that it may take until 8pm or 9pm to put up scores some days. Apologies if this is too late for you but we're doing it voluntarily.

ray silvester replied to NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes
NeilG83 wrote:

I have been playing this game for almost 2 years and have finally finished 1st on a stage. 255pts for me today.

Chapeau NeilG83......I'll race you to the 10K badge?

Although I've Still never had a stage win  39

NeilG83 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
NeilG83 wrote:

Chapeau NeilG83......I'll race you to the 10K badge?

Although I've Still never had a stage win  39

I think you'll beat me to 10K Ray. You're more than 500pts ahead of me at the moment.

Kept the same team for today, so I can have 4 transfers available before the TT.

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Abandoned
Brajkovic
Gerrans
Elissonde
Roy
De Gendt

0 likes

2nd moutain
1 Vorganov
2 Montaguti
3 Velits

0 likes

Sprint 2
1 Ratto
2 Montaguti
3 Vorganov

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looking a bit different now, yes!

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't look like the break will make it, though it could be close!

Got

Quintana
Talansky
Porte
Henao
Betancurt
Ulissi
Sanchez
Didier
Txurruka

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dropped Spilak for Txurruka today, Txurruka took a day off from hoovering up points and now Spilak is off the front with Weening and Herrada...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Noooo!  14

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Spilak off the front! Too early maybe.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I hope so, I hope he goes too early, breaks, falls off his bikes and ends the race in a pool of tears.

Sorry, that's kind of mean but I really really really don't want him to score a single point today.

0 likes

7 in the lead group, 6 of them in my standard and 5 in my purist - hope Peraud comes 7th!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

1.7km to go and all together.

Phew  19

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9. Imagine I'm not the only one.

NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9 for me today!  4  4  4

0 likes

Wow - 1,2,3,4,5,6,16 plus 10 for Txurruka!
Tho' I guess there will be a lot of fairly similar teams.

Peraud and Talansky both slid off over the line - comically slippery, no wonder Quintana didn't celebrate!

Pages

Latest Comments