Home

Again, I'll probably live to regret my changes. Had fancied Anton for this one but form suggests otherwise. Perhaps a toss up between Gorka and Ion if going for a Euskatel rider in support of Sanchez.

98 comments

drheaton [3323 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've made six changes (inc two penalties) and dropped all of my sprinters.

I haven't picked up Txurruka (who I took out of my team an hour or two before the stage 1 deadline  20 ) as I can't see him doing as much today and for me it's all about the final climb which is steep reaching 21% during the last 500m.

Brought in Contador, Porte & Peraud as my obvious ones then three others who are slightly less obvious and unproven.

0 likes

Oh, and I also dropped Albasini and Gilbert today. I can't see Albasini doing much as he prefers the rolling stages, not summit finishes.

Gilbert though might come back to haunt me if he's in some form, the stage today doesn't look too tough except for the final climb so if he's there and feeling good Gilbert may test his legs.

obutterwick [474 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Yep, one for Quintana, I think. Got Costa and Porte, too. Dropped Gilbert but always wonder whether I'm wise to do that.

0 likes

Yeah, Quintana, Sanchez and Spilak were already in my team so with the addition of Contador, Porte, Peraud +3 other climbers I've got a full team for the hills.

TERatcliffe26 [4710 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

My team is abit of a mess, seem to have no credits compared to everyone else  39

Contador
Talansky
Spilak
Fuglsang
Quintana (for Impey)
Porte (for Ratto)
Txurruka (for Vichot)
Cardoso
Pineau (for Wegmann)

0 likes

Ah, well, as you've confirmed your team TER I think I can probably release mine (don't want you getting a jump on me ;))

Contador
Porte
Peraud
Fuglsang (who looks in form finally)
Quintana
Spilak
Sanchez (who is a bargain)
Barguil
Betancurt

TERa, if you swapped Talansky (who is quite expensive) for Sanchez (who isn't) then you'd have another 9-10 credits to play with, I suspect that is where the main difference is.

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Made 4 transfers with 2 penalties

Contador
Henao for Gerrans
Quintana for Costa
Ulissi
Sammy S
Txurruka For Ratto
Fuglsang For Gavazzi
Ferrari
Madrazo

Really, really want a good day today  39 26

chrisdstripes [1740 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I just brought in contador and quintana and txurruka, could've made a penalty transfer but fancied keeping Gilbert for today for the reasons mentioned above!

0 likes

That is true, but with only 4 transfers it wasn't worth tinkering with the GC guys I already had. I see you went Barguil, that was the one choice I had Pineau or Barguil and went Pineau as he has a good possibility of going in a break, or if he is on form he can climb with best and come in 11th-20th, but it seems Cardoso is my big wild card compared to other teams, and decided to play it safe with a few points from Txurukka as I think he will still have the jersey.

0 likes

Agreed, Txurruka will still have both the sprint and mountains jersey I think so that's 10 points there. I also think Cardoso or one of the other Caja Rurual guys might be put in the break to hoover up KoM points so you might get lucky there too.

Barguil has been going well and he's in my DS team so I've been keeping an eye on him, he's a strong climber but I think at this point not strong enough to compete at the finish so he might go in the break today/tomorrow, we'll see. Argos need to do something though as they've been fairly invisible this season so far.

THE SILENT ASSASSIN [551 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Had to take a 10 point penalty today to get Contador in....but really happy with my line-up now...

CONTADOR
PORTE
QUINTANA
VELITS
SPILAK
FUGLSANG
NAVARRO
DIDIER
TXURRUKA

obutterwick [474 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Alberto Contador (SAX)
Damiano Cunego (LAM)
Nairo Quintana (MOV)
Samuel Sanchez (EUS)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (MOV)
Francesco Gavazzi (AST)
Carlos Alberto Betancurt (ALM)
Omar Fraile (CJR)

ray silvester [1836 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Well the mountains come out and so do the teams!!

Mine's a bit different after using all 4 free transfers:

Currently 9th in the Vuelta

Porte
Sanchez
Contador
Quintana
Txurruka
Fuglsang
Cunego.....hang on what's so different about that you say.....well how about
Elissonde
Schleck

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Bulgac (Lotto) non-starter

0 likes

I was tempted by Ellissonde but after he tanked at Catalunya I'm wondering if he's as amazing as we all thought he was at the start of the season.

Also, Andy Schleck?!

chiv30 [987 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Alberto Contador
Richie Porte
Samuel Sanchez
Damiano Cunego
Laurens Ten Dam
Simon Spilak
Daniel Navarro
Andy Schleck
Nairo Quintana

Schleck has to come good at some point and everyone knows he has the talent to climb....
As for LtD then he loves hills more importantly every stage goes on strava lol

0 likes

It looks like having Talansky is gonna cost me

JAndrewHill [1212 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Here's my team, and no penalties.
Alberto Contador (SAX)
Nairo Quintana (MOV)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS)
Simon Spilak (KAT)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Peter Velits (OPQ)
Johannes Frohlinger (ARG)
Omar Fraile (CJR)

0 likes

Albasini & Paterski have gone off the front

0 likes

Reeled in quite quickly

stevemarks [472 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Agreed, Txurruka will still have both the sprint and mountains jersey I think so that's 10 points there. I also think Cardoso or one of the other Caja Rurual guys might be put in the break to hoover up KoM points so you might get lucky there too.

Barguil has been going well and he's in my DS team so I've been keeping an eye on him, he's a strong climber but I think at this point not strong enough to compete at the finish so he might go in the break today/tomorrow, we'll see. Argos need to do something though as they've been fairly invisible this season so far.

7 please excuse my ignorance but where do you get the information about a sprint jersey wearer? I can see Txurruca has the mountains jersey and Gavazzi has the points jersey but what is the sprint jersey?

Thanks

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
drheaton wrote:

7 please excuse my ignorance but where do you get the information about a sprint jersey wearer? I can see Txurruca has the mountains jersey and Gavazzi has the points jersey but what is the sprint jersey?

Thanks

Procyclingstats or the organisers official race page ,

0 likes

I've been using Cyclingnews for my results.

There are two 'sprint' jerseys, one is a points jersey awarded based on finishing positions, the second is a sprints jersey based on intermediate sprints.

For this race the intermediate sprint jersey is being scored as this is in line with previous years and the Volta Catalunya where the same was in place. This also means that we're scoring the competition as a whole (both the actual intermediate sprints themselves and the overall competition for these sprints)

Yesterday Txurruka took all three sprints so he has a large enough lead that he can't really be overtaken today.

0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Albasini & Paterski have gone off the front

Philip Unwin wrote:

Reeled in quite quickly

Thank god, there's nothing worse than seeing someone you've just dropped taking off up the road on a long break  14

0 likes

According to diariovasco, whose ticker man seems to go to sleep for long periods, the peleton are letting nobody go today.  37

stevemarks [472 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Thank you chiv30 got it on the official page but could not find it on PCS.....

Never mind have the info now.

ray silvester [1836 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I've been using Cyclingnews for my results.

There are two 'sprint' jerseys, one is a points jersey awarded based on finishing positions, the second is a sprints jersey based on intermediate sprints.

For this race the intermediate sprint jersey is being scored as this is in line with previous years and the Volta Catalunya where the same was in place. This also means that we're scoring the competition as a whole (both the actual intermediate sprints themselves and the overall competition for these sprints)

Yesterday Txurruka took all three sprints so he has a large enough lead that he can't really be overtaken today.

They often refer to it as the 'Meta Volante' Jersey scored 3,2,1(6,4,2,for our purposes) on the three MV points you see on the profile.

0 likes

1st mountain
1 Txurrka
2 Cardoso
3 Navarro
Surprise surprise

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Thank you chiv30 got it on the official page but could not find it on PCS.....

Never mind have the info now.

No worries glad to help(ive only just noticed its not actually showing on PCS myself so apologies)

0 likes

...this is also a break with Landa and Bardet, which now has three mins

Pages