Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Scott Plasma 30 2013

Does this look right for a Scott Plasma 30 2013:

The Scott Plasma 30 2013 Features are:

Frame: Scott Plasma 2 IMP5 technology / HMF-NET TRI Geometry Plasma 2 seat post replaceable hanger

Fork: Scott Plasma 2,1 1/8 inch carbon,Integrated

Headset: Ritchey Pro Integrated,45mm drop- in headset

Bars: Profile T2, Profile T2+

Stem: Profile Aris OS,1-1/8 inch - 31,8mm - 83 degree

Speed: 20

Front Mech: Shimano 105 FD-5700

Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra RD-6700 G,20 Speed

Chainset: FSA Gossamer MegaExo,34/50,

Bottom Bracket: FSA BB-6000

Cassette: Shimano CS-5700 / 10 speed,11-28,

Chain: Shimano CN-5701

Front Brake: FSA Gossamer Pro,Lightweight, dual pivot design

Rear Brake: FSA Gossamer Pro,Lightweight, dual pivot design

Rims: Shimano WH-R501-30 black,16 Front / 20 Rear,

Front Hub: Shimano WH-R501 black

Rear Hub: Shimano WH-R501 black

Spokes: Shimano WH-R501-30 black

Tyres: Continental,Ultra Sport / 700 x 23 C inch Front Continental,Ultra Sport / 700 x 23 C inch Rear

Seatpost: Plasma 2 with Ritchey WCS adjustable head,

If I bought this bike for 3 K is that a good price or a rip off?? Thought??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

davecochrane | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've got the Plasma 20 and I'm totally delighted with it. If you get it for a good price, it'll be even more awesome. My LBS in NZ wangled me abut 50% off, so I was very lucky and got it for $3700 NZD (about £1800). I would only say that you'd do well to look at different brake levers...they're the only thing I'm not pleased with so far.

comm88 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Aha - at $3000USD - it's a steal!!! We can't get it in the UK for less than $3800USD. Buy it and be happy!!! I would.

comm88 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Buy wisely - go to Pedal On - the best bike shop in the world - they have it at £2599 - so DO NOT pay £3k for it. And they give you 79 podium points which mean you get lots of FREE GOODIES with your bike (helmet, pedals, computer). They'll ship it to you in a ready to ride state and their mechanics are fabbie. Honest!

See it here: http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/scott_plasma_30.html

And if you find a better price - they'll match that too!

I have bought loads of gear from these guyz - four bikes too - and they are simply the best. I would always trust them to serve me right.

The other posters here are right - at £3k somebody is trying to stiff you - and that makes my eyes water too!!!

Malia15 replied to comm88 | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's great info, but I'm in the US.....no free shipping here. :(. By the time I pay shipping, it might just cost me 3K....

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Everywhere has it listed at £2599, Tweeks, Evans....etc

SO DON'T pay £3k for it, that is a rip off

bikerdavecycling | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi. Quick Internet search has it at £2.6k at Tredz.co.uk & the 2012 model for £1.8k at www.tweekscycles.co.uk. If you can get the 2012 model and save money, i'd do that... Hope it helps.

Latest Comments