Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Offline maps for villages and forests

Hi there!
I just joined the forum and I need your advice.

I want to use offline maps.
I need it because of the poor coverage in the forest. And I prefer wi-fi to 3G but still not in the forest:)

I've heard about some offline maps. However, most of them are for cities, not for villages and small roads.
I even downloaded one app - MapsWithMe. Actually I like it, but I need more functionality. I found out there is MapsWithMe Pro version with bookmarks and offline search. But I don't know how does it work with these features.
And I don't want to buy tens such apps to find what I need.

Any advices?!
Thanks for your answers)
Cheers, John

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Give Pocket Earth a try. You just have to look up the areas you'll be travelling through when you've got an internet connection, and it downloads them. Has worked really well for me in the 3g blackspots I go through.

KiwiMike | 11 years ago
0 likes

Said it before, sayin' it again: http://Viewranger.com

Free: Open Streetmaps or Open Cyclemaps. Save as an offline map, at whatever zoom level you want.

Paid: about £17 for all of Southern UK at 1:50,000

Just perfect.

Cheers

Mike

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Assuming you're on android (or apple as well I think) with google maps you can download sections of map so that they are available offline

johntraveller replied to pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Pirnie,
but I don't like Google maps because of it's sections
Everything happens when you cross the boarder of the section you have downloaded)

Latest Comments