Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Bike :p

Built up the new machine. Pretty much a pure racing bike.

Vo2 Pro Carbon Team Edition Frame
SRAM Force (50/34)
Ultegra 14-25 Casette
Planet X Superlight CNC Calipers
3T Ergonova Pro Bars
3T Arx Pro Stem
Planet X Superlight Team Saddle
Shimano RS10 Wheels
Continental GP4000s Tyres
Specialized Roubaix Bar Tape

Just waiting on my Carbon Tubs to come now, should look like the photo below, 50mm PHIAN C5's in matching Graphics.

Going to go for a long ride tomorrow to check it all fits together.

Slightly worried about chain snapping.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ride no. 2.

Heard a rattle, got off to check what it was and the saddle fell off.

Worrying.

Must be something about the Suffolk road surface that undoes my perfectly torqued bolts.

Hmm

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

So.

Went for a ride in full team kit today, was feeling that way inclined.  4

I must have ridden a carbon frame once or twice, but I had absolutely forgotten what it felt like.

I had got used to the road buzz and chatter transmitted through my S1, but this felt like a flipping armchair! Had to check a couple of times that I hadn't p*nctured because the ride was so smooth.

Think my position's a bit wrong, but I'll sort that out tomorrow.

I've got Rival on my other bike, and Force is basically just more of the same. The upshifts are a lot cleaner. Which is nice. Had a little bit of cable stretch on the Front Mech, but that's to be expected really.

Had a slightly worrying moment when the faceplate of my stem managed to loosen itself off, and the bars started slipping forward going downhill, and I couldn't really reach the brakes. Managed to bring myself to a stop and torque it back up. Only damage is a slight ruffling of the graphics on the white bit in the middle of the Ergonovas, which is a shame, but I'm the only person that would ever notice.

The wheels are most definitely training wheels, sluggish and difficult to accelerate. I'm expecting the bike to come alive when the C5's arrive.

The Planet X saddle is very comfortable, I would even go so far as to say more so that my normal Arione.

Brakes - Good.

Bar tape - Still White.

I had my crappy SPD-SL's on, but some better ones are in the pipeline.

Anyone seen any good Orange/Black/White bottle cages?

Otherwise, I'm thinking the Elite on with a Union Jack on the side.

___

Incidentally, if anyone wants a new Bike, please order a Vo2. You'll be able to get a discount through me, and I'll get a commission!

Ditto to the PHIAN's, who I'm now affiliated with!

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looking good!

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

How much does that weigh?  4

Cycle_Jim | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looking good, really like the colour scheme!

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Congrats that man! Nice one.

Keep us posted on your initial thoughts.

Latest Comments