Home

I have recently purchased a new helmet. I'm not going to name which one I bought (at the moment)but I am incredibly disappointed with it. The main reason being that it is a top-end helmet supposedly used by the Pro teams.

As I ride my bike, the plastic cradle inside the helmet creaks - or at least I presume it is the cradle. At first, I thought maybe it was my bike but I did a test run on the bike yesterday and my bike is dead silent. The creaking is VERY annoying.

I've now worn the helmet a few times so I presume it is impossible to return it. I have also lost one of the small flat rubber bands that holds the ribbons in place. Therefore I am unable to secure the helmet properly.

Any advice?

20 20

5 comments

pdows47 [103 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I had a similar issue, as the helmet only has a small margin around my head. I solved it with hockey stick tape (I had it lying around from my days as a hockey player) between the cage and polystyrene, problem fixed. Any non-padded non- abrasive tape should do.

Gkam84 [9089 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I think it would be 100% easier to suggest fixes if you named the helmet, because then we know what we are dealing with. If its an Air Attack, I will disown you  19 19

londonplayer [620 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Oh go on then. It's a Lazer Helium.

Gkam84 [9089 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried using the roller system thingy to tighten and then loosen it a few times, so as tight as it will go, back to as loose as it will go.

Then adjust it to your size and see if that helps?

londonplayer [620 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I'll have a go now...