Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Helmet creaking noise

I have recently purchased a new helmet. I'm not going to name which one I bought (at the moment)but I am incredibly disappointed with it. The main reason being that it is a top-end helmet supposedly used by the Pro teams.

As I ride my bike, the plastic cradle inside the helmet creaks - or at least I presume it is the cradle. At first, I thought maybe it was my bike but I did a test run on the bike yesterday and my bike is dead silent. The creaking is VERY annoying.

I've now worn the helmet a few times so I presume it is impossible to return it. I have also lost one of the small flat rubber bands that holds the ribbons in place. Therefore I am unable to secure the helmet properly.

Any advice?

20  20

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

londonplayer | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'll have a go now...

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried using the roller system thingy to tighten and then loosen it a few times, so as tight as it will go, back to as loose as it will go.

Then adjust it to your size and see if that helps?

londonplayer | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh go on then. It's a Lazer Helium.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think it would be 100% easier to suggest fixes if you named the helmet, because then we know what we are dealing with. If its an Air Attack, I will disown you  19  19

pdows47 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had a similar issue, as the helmet only has a small margin around my head. I solved it with hockey stick tape (I had it lying around from my days as a hockey player) between the cage and polystyrene, problem fixed. Any non-padded non- abrasive tape should do.

Latest Comments