Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Road bike damage

I was riding my new Canyon road bike the other day when I managed to fall off whilst stationary after encountering a cattle grid. I have damaged the right Di2 gear shifter and rear derailleur. Estimated cost of replacement £410.

Luckily the damage is just cosmetic but I was wondering what other readers have managed to damage or break so soon after purchase?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

keef66 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I thrashed my Tk chainstay with the end of the chain when I first went to remove it for cleaning. Four neat little bites out of the paintwork  2

Still, Kinesis sent me a little pot of touch-up paint FOC

Squiggle replied to keef66 | 11 years ago
0 likes
keef66 wrote:

Kinesis sent me a little pot of touch-up paint FOC

Oh great! Thanks I'll get onto them  1

therevokid replied to keef66 | 11 years ago
0 likes
keef66 wrote:

Still, Kinesis sent me a little pot of touch-up paint FOC

Not anymore they wont ... just asked about one for my TK3
and sadly got referred to Halfords or the like with frame
in hand  2

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I put a nasty scratch on my TK3 downtube while fitting the mudguards - before I'd even ridden it  20

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dr Matt,

At least they heal for free!  3

matthewn5 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes I failed to unclip when having to stop unexpectedly at a roundabout on my new Planet X pro carbon a few years ago - result was a cut knee and scratched left shifter. Think of them as battle scars!

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nothing much but my first attempt with clipless pedals ended up with me falling and a scratched pedal.

mad_scot_rider replied to Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

Nothing much but my first attempt with clipless pedals ended up with me falling and a scratched pedal.

To quote The Matrix

"Everyone falls the first time"

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

Used to put my d-lock on the handlebars for a quick get away. Got a new carbon frame bike to replace my old Halfords Carrera, the lock was a quarter of the weight of the whole bike. Put it up against a fence but it tipped itself up fell on its side and promptly bent the rear hanger.  20

chiv30 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Only my ego after being shelled out the back on a club run on my carbon framed beauty  31

Latest Comments