Home

I was riding my new Canyon road bike the other day when I managed to fall off whilst stationary after encountering a cattle grid. I have damaged the right Di2 gear shifter and rear derailleur. Estimated cost of replacement £410.

Luckily the damage is just cosmetic but I was wondering what other readers have managed to damage or break so soon after purchase?

10 comments

chiv30 [985 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Only my ego after being shelled out the back on a club run on my carbon framed beauty  31

Leviathan [1773 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Used to put my d-lock on the handlebars for a quick get away. Got a new carbon frame bike to replace my old Halfords Carrera, the lock was a quarter of the weight of the whole bike. Put it up against a fence but it tipped itself up fell on its side and promptly bent the rear hanger.  20

Super Domestique [1596 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Nothing much but my first attempt with clipless pedals ended up with me falling and a scratched pedal.

matthewn5 [639 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Yes I failed to unclip when having to stop unexpectedly at a roundabout on my new Planet X pro carbon a few years ago - result was a cut knee and scratched left shifter. Think of them as battle scars!

londonplayer [620 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Dr Matt,

At least they heal for free!  3

Squiggle [403 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I put a nasty scratch on my TK3 downtube while fitting the mudguards - before I'd even ridden it  20

keef66 [55 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I thrashed my Tk chainstay with the end of the chain when I first went to remove it for cleaning. Four neat little bites out of the paintwork  2

Still, Kinesis sent me a little pot of touch-up paint FOC

Squiggle [403 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
keef66 wrote:

Kinesis sent me a little pot of touch-up paint FOC

Oh great! Thanks I'll get onto them  1

mad_scot_rider [581 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

Nothing much but my first attempt with clipless pedals ended up with me falling and a scratched pedal.

To quote The Matrix

"Everyone falls the first time"

therevokid [911 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
keef66 wrote:

Still, Kinesis sent me a little pot of touch-up paint FOC

Not anymore they wont ... just asked about one for my TK3
and sadly got referred to Halfords or the like with frame
in hand  2