Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The sufferfest

Have been using the sufferfest videos for a few months now on the turbo. I have to say I think they are great. They really make you work. Anyone else used them and what are your thoughts.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

stepho | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah I saw Tyler Farrar talking about the new one on twitter the other day.
Will most definitely be purchasing that.

pdows47 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Forgot to mention before, I used this (angels) to introduce my girlfriend to spinning before she spent money on the classes. We finished, at which point she looked at me and said 'Why the f**k would you do that for fun??' I didn't have a suitable answer

stepho replied to pdows47 | 11 years ago
0 likes
pdows47 wrote:

Forgot to mention before, I used this (angels) to introduce my girlfriend to spinning before she spent money on the classes. We finished, at which point she looked at me and said 'Why the f**k would you do that for fun??' I didn't have a suitable answer

The Funfest not quite as catchy.

SPAM Naval | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just bought 'The Blender' a couple of weeks ago after having used Downward Spiral and Angels which are bought excellent. The Blender is a lot slicker production, near HD quality and at 1hr 40 minutes it beats the absolute shite out of you. Perfect for a snowing March !

pdows47 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I love them, in a twisted masochistic manner, I find they hurt but in a great way. My favorite is the hunted, but I've also done angels, a very dark place (that one made me feel sick :-P ), hell hath no fury, and revolver. I'm working through the others, definitely worth it for curing turbo boredom.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

If I made it any tougher I think I'd be ill.

stepho replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

If I made it any tougher I think I'd be ill.

Ha ha. me too, quite a few times i have felt like throwing up and thinking to myself "what the hell am i doing this to myself for"

I guess im just a dedicated Sufferlandrian  19

rockfield | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have a few of them - Downward spiral, Fight club, Angels & There is no try. I thought they were tough, then I tried doing them in conjunction with trainer road - holy carp thats a hard workout! Trainer Road really adds a bit more motivation for me - I guess its having specific targets to hit rather than just RPE. Has made a huge difference to my fitness over the winter. I quite fancy the new one, but 1:40 is a long time to be on the turbo!

ur_mum | 11 years ago
0 likes

Downward Spiral's good. Used it several times on rollers and it definitely gives more motivation  1

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

I keep meaning to swap the terrible music out for something better. I'd put mixes up for download but that would fall foul of licensing laws I'm afraid.... and also, of course, you might find my taste in music even worse than the original!

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got a fair few of them, not done all of them yet but I'm working my way through. I love the twisted sense of humour in them, really agrees with me for some reason. I find myself smiling whilst absolutely killing myself on the bike  19

stepho replied to pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes
pirnie wrote:

I've got a fair few of them, not done all of them yet but I'm working my way through. I love the twisted sense of humour in them, really agrees with me for some reason. I find myself smiling whilst absolutely killing myself on the bike  19

Yeah me too, Very strangely funny.
I spend a lot of time in the middle of the North Sea where I can't get out on the road and the suffer fest has provided the perfect tonic to my turbo boredom

stepho | 11 years ago
0 likes

Downward spiral is painfull.

Local hero is 85 mins and a pretty intense workout.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awful! But in a good way. God they're hard work. I was using Angels over the winter. I've now bought downward spiral but yet to use it.

However, I the usefulness wears off if you use the same one too frequently, so I may branch out and use trainerroad as well.

Latest Comments