Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Black Socks

Black socks seem to be all the rage with pro's these days. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a couple of pairs of plain black ones? I like the look of Rapha's but not at £15 a go!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

offshore_dave | 11 years ago
0 likes

You should never wear black socks in Perth, Australia or you will get marked down as a country hick.

I was told this in a couple of bike shops when I went in wearing the offending articles.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll second DeFeet. They're not plain but the logo is very stylish and subtle and they're the comfiest socks I've worn.

@Fringe: You don't even see my socks in the winter!

CapriciousZephyr | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got several of the most subdued styles of Save Our Soles socks that I bought from Planet X. Mainly the merino ones, and none quite pure black, but I find them extremely comfortable and good quality.

Fringe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Black socks for winter, white for summer..thems the rules.

ped | 11 years ago
0 likes

So, there's this tool …

Seriously though, you can pick up black DeFeet's for less than a tenner, and they're great. Wool-E-Ators in charcoal are my fave.

ctznsmith | 11 years ago
0 likes

The on the Endura coolmax socks is pretty discrete or get yourself some socks from all hail the black market and be 110% sexier.

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Marks and Spencer .... 3 pairs for £6.

Latest Comments