Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Servicing Time RXS pedals...

Hello

Has anyone attempted to service these pedals, went to my bike the other day and the drive side pedal was stuck, freed off eventually but I'm guessing they need a bit of grease in there.

Anyone know which tool I need to 'get in there'?

Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

ajmarshal1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Clamp and mole grips were all I needed to change the bearings on my Iclics.

Jimmy Ray Will | 9 years ago
0 likes

Why did I not know this! I have a box of old Time pedals that have had it... not many made two years, and nearly all had bearing issues of one level or another.

Ho hum, I know for next time (can you see what I did there?).

mrmo | 9 years ago
0 likes

your contract is always with the dealer,

I believe the importer is Extra

http://www.extrauk.co.uk/

But I would advise dealer first and remember proof of purchase will probably be required, how else do they know they are less than 2 years old?

denerobt | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ditto and bump. some play on my iclics which I could probably sort out but if Time offer a 2 year warrenty, then this is preferable.
as markm asks, anyone got a returns address or is it via my dealer ?

markm | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks - I too seem to have a bearing problem with a minimally used RXS carbon pedal and it'd be great if Time would sort it out- but I can't seem to locate an address or contact number for Time in the UK - do you know one?

Or do I have to go via the dealer who sold me the pedals?

_Karlos_ | 10 years ago
0 likes

Great, thanks for the info swifty!

swiftsquirrell | 10 years ago
0 likes

Time do not have an "official" servicing program for their pedals. You can unscrew the axles from the body counter clock wise. The reason for this is Time offer a 2 year replacement warranty on their pedals, so if you have bearing play or they creak or grind within two years send them back and they will more than likely warrant them. After this 2 year period you can have a new pair at a reduced cost.

This is the main reason that I now run them on all my bikes. I have 3 pairs (one being a spare) so that as and if I need to send a pair back I have the spare pair to put on.

Latest Comments