Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya - Stage 5

Changes made expecting a sprint finish.  Meersman is the obvious choice but there are a couple of others who might feature.

Transfer wise I've made four bringing in three sprinters and 1 for the break, I've dropped Valverde, Richeze, Gesink and someone else so unremarkable I can't even remember who they were (it was Kreder).

Fingers crossed I can keep moving up the leaderboard!  A top 10 in this comp is not out of the question just yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got another full house and 123. 28th in the comp after missing a stage. I think I might have to try that more often! I think for these short tours it might not be a bad strategy. Noticeable that mountain points have been significant for the first time, had Salerno in from stage 2! He's earnt a ton of points!

obutterwick replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive brought in Gesink for Machado. Now trying to decide whether to stick with Meersman and Dumoulin, or bring in Stetina  39

Likewise. Got a good feeling about Meersman for tomorrow. Arroyo good on descents, too, so wondering about him.

Pages

Latest Comments