Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rider Names - Tour de France

Originally created to report name corrections in the game. * Francisco Jose Ventoso (Movistar) appears in the game as Fransisco Jose Ventoso. I'm pretty sure his name is spelled "Francisco" not "Fransisco".*

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

116 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
1 like

enrique

Two things:

1) You should be an accountant

2) You should have an upper case E on your name

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Sport.Technique [at] uci.ch wrote:

Please note that names and first names can slightly vary from a language to another (i.e Catalan vs. Spanish).

*Sigh* We are (!) in the Basque Country today.

Take a look at No. 18 below  45

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ok, here are the corrections (below) in a zipped file and in an image...
If you'll upload the Pro Continental Teams I'll be happy to take a look at those, too... I'm going to have to write the UCI again, 'cause I think they have mistakes I hadn't noticed before... You surpried me... I noticed you had already fixed a few... About 'Tsatevich', I'm writing the UCI with what Twy mentioned so I'd just take out the 2nd 'T'...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

So the red names are the ones that need changed?

I know the none UCI ones are fine. They have just been added.

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
1 like

If in any doubt, check the rider's twitter. That's what they want to be called aside from Enrique's diligent romanisation of names

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

I don't care what they want to be called. They could put their twitter name to "um bungo in the jungle" I'm not going to change it to that.

All world team riders should now match up to the UCI listing.

Conti teams will get done next week if I can find the time.

JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes

I can confirm that there is no cyclist of that name on twitter. I found...

Your search - twitter @umbungointhejungle - did not match any documents.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
1 like

There appears to be a fault with updating.

This forum is suggesting that it's 2 hours and 27 minutes since enrique last posted.

Could someone look into this please?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

Good, might get conti done this week coming.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow... it looks like we're already set up for La Fleche Wallone!  41 Cool! Ok, so I've got Rebellin and Denifl already grayed out... Out of curiosity, does the game engine work like the game interface? Meaning, can you deselect a whole team or do you have to 'individually', 'activate' and 'deactivate', each rider? Just curious...  39 I'm really impressed!  1

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

There's a 3.0 rider called Mauricio Henao available on the game roster for Fleche Wallone. When I click on his name I get:

Then on Twitter, there's this:

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

I have to do EVERY rider individually, I can wipe the roster in one go, but to put them in is individual.

Henao is spelt right, the twitter you are showing is for a Colombian actor....not the pro cyclist  24

Also, I've checked elsewhere, he's not anywhere to be seen

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

If you care to check the startlist on the official site, you will see him listed there.

The birthday does match that rider listed above though.

http://www.letour.com/la-fleche-wallonne/2014/us/riders.html

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

He's still on the official startlist, so don't count him out yet

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Enrique....go sort it out for me. http://www.letour.fr/la-fleche-wallonne-femme/2014/us/starters.html

Just about to enter final start list for the womens race....look who appears there aswell....

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

Its not Fleche you need to tweet, it's @letour and I'm on it already  3

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

He's still on the official startlist, so don't count him out yet

enrique wrote:

@ProCyclingStats... tweeted they think it['s]... Edward Beltran...

The organizers really dropped the ball for this race...  39 It's amazing, you'd think the organizers would be the ones who most care about the accuracy of their own race's start list  39

In this case, you uttered no truer words than you did last year:

Gkam84 wrote:

Race websites are normally the last places to update  26

*sigh* So long, Mauricio...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Heh apparently 'Mauricio Henao'and 'Tom Scully' made it into the Fleche Wallone Femenine results today, at least for a little while. No. 6 and No. 36 below:

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I can't find the Belkin rider Martijn Keizer in the game... I have him in a list like he was in the game before, but he appears in the list I had downloaded as 'no trade team'

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

I'll get him bunged into Belkin. He was part of Vancansoleil and didn't get a contact till March....

Also, Henao is listed in Saxobank for LBL  19

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like

It seems someone moved him for me....unless you just edited that post and it shows todays date?

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Edwin Alciviades Avila in the game appears as Edwin 'Alcibiades' Avila on the UCI website and the team site:

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Charles 'Planey' in the game should be Charles 'Planet'

Luis 'Lemas' should be Luis 'Lemus' (http://www.jellybellycycling.com/2014-team/luis-lemus)

Gregory 'Brenes Obando' should be Gregory 'Obando Brenes'

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/uploads/images/2014-results/stage1/...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

'Ariel Maximiliano Richeze' in the game should be 'Maximiliano Ariel Richeze'

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
1 like
londromat | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hello to every one here Presently ! Well we are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of quality documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland . This list is not full. contact General support
To get the additional information and place the order just call or contact us via email mobile.

So if you want to change your location, Identity, Visibility, Travel to where you desire most and more just get directly to us at

Email ID

Skype ID: many.types

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

By the way, I think there might be a space character [ ] in the database after Daniel Martin's name and after Mikel Landa's ...  39

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

'Banoit' Jarrier from Bretagne Seche Environnement should probably be 'Benoit'...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Peirre-Luc Perichon (Bretagne Seche Environnement) in the game should be 'Pierre'...

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

This has been on my trivial things to point out for over a year now... I'm so ashamed to give in to my compulsion to pick at little details, but, what am I to do?...  7 ...

With both riders in current competitions I thought I'd point out that both Mikel Landa and Dan Martin have 'spaces' after their names in the database, as in 'Mikel_Landa_' and 'Dan_Martin_' I don't know why... maybe because their names were orginally cut from a list and pasted, and the 'space' was inadvertantly carried over into the database?...  39 Why do I bother?  39 I don't know... I have OCD?...  39

Anyways on to more pressing issues... I think it'd be nice to shorten some names, like 'Jose Joao Pimenta Costa Mendes' to just 'Jose Mendes', 'Rui Faria Da Costa' to 'Rui Costa', Michael Valgren Andersen to 'Michael Valgren', 'Nairo Alexander Quintana' to 'Nairo Quintana', 'Sergio Luis Henao' to just 'Sergio Henao', 'Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil' to just 'Jose Joaquin Rojas', 'Magnus Cort Nielsen' to just Magnus Cort and maybe 'Rafael Valls Ferri' to just 'Rafael Valls'
... I don't know... maybe because it's aesthetically pleasing to me...

Pages

Latest Comments