Rider Names - Fall Classics

by enrique   March 18, 2013  

Francisco Jose Ventoso (Movistar) appears in the game as Fransisco Jose Ventoso. I'm pretty sure his name is spelled "Francisco" not "Fransisco".

107 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

Good, might get conti done this week coming.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8795 posts]
20th April 2014 - 13:36

like this
Like (211)

Gkam84 wrote:
... might get conti done this week coming.

*sigh* Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwhqLFNrTjI

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1684 posts]
20th April 2014 - 14:30

like this
Like (205)

Wow... it looks like we're already set up for La Fleche Wallone! Applause Cool! Ok, so I've got Rebellin and Denifl already grayed out... Out of curiosity, does the game engine work like the game interface? Meaning, can you deselect a whole team or do you have to 'individually', 'activate' and 'deactivate', each rider? Just curious... Thinking I'm really impressed! Smile

20th April 2014 - 17:47

like this
Like (201)

There's a 3.0 rider called Mauricio Henao available on the game roster for Fleche Wallone. When I click on his name I get:

Thinking

Then on Twitter, there's this:

Thinking

PV 1.png PV 1.png

20th April 2014 - 18:00

like this
Like (204)

I have to do EVERY rider individually, I can wipe the roster in one go, but to put them in is individual.

Henao is spelt right, the twitter you are showing is for a Colombian actor....not the pro cyclist Rolling On The Floor

Also, I've checked elsewhere, he's not anywhere to be seen

Gkam84's picture

20th April 2014 - 18:09

like this
Like (204)

Gkam84 wrote:
[Mauricio] Henao is spelt right...

I just could't find him on the UCI Team Tinkoff Saxo roster (http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template1/layout.asp?MenuId...) which the game has him assigned to. I couldn't find him on PCS, either... or on cyclingfever (http://www.cyclingfever.com/team.html?team_idd=OTQ0Mw==).

There is a 'Maurizio Henao Jaramillo' (http://www.cyclingarchives.com/coureurfiche.php?coureurid=7580) on the cylingarchives.com site, but I don't see him on the roster for Tinkoff Saxo either...

Gkam84 wrote:
... the twitter you are showing is for a Colombian actor...

I know *sigh* I put him in there for comedic effect. He's famous for doing 'telenovelas' (soap operas) and he's 'beefcake' for the ladies in Miami and South America and every year he's on someone's list of 'The Most Beautiful People' of Latin TV... I thought it was funny he said he '[b]eing a [m]an is... hard..., i want to be [one] before im done'... I thought you might relate.. a little... Smile

Gkam84 wrote:
... I've checked elsewhere, he's not anywhere to be seen

Back to the rider, then, thanks for 'inactivating' him! Smile Shouldn't he out of the game completely, then? Even if the entry refers to 'Mauricio Henao Jaramillo', he doesn't seem to be an active rider anymore... Thinking Just wondering Thinking It seems like he last rode in 2004...

PV 1.png

20th April 2014 - 21:21

like this
Like (200)

If you care to check the startlist on the official site, you will see him listed there.

The birthday does match that rider listed above though.

http://www.letour.com/la-fleche-wallonne/2014/us/riders.html

Gkam84's picture

20th April 2014 - 21:21

like this
Like (204)

Gkam84 wrote:
The birthday does match that rider listed above though.

Hmmm... the birthday does (!) match the rider in cyclingarchives.com, That's interesting! Thinking Hmmm... http://www.cyclingarchives.com/coureurfiche.php?coureurid=7580 It seems he may not have ridden in a while or someone never wrote about him or tracked him... Thinking Hmmm... Interesting...

20th April 2014 - 22:44

like this
Like (190)

Gkam84 wrote:
If you care to check the startlist on the official site, you will see him [Mauricio Henao] listed...

And just as mysteriously as he appeared, he disappeared. Wow. I wonder what happened? The mysterious 'Mauricio Henao'. Will he ever ride again? Thinking I wonder why Saxo Tinkoff put him on the start list for La Fleche? Thinking Hmmm... he never showed on the PCS or cyclingfever start lists, or on the UCI website roster or on the Saxo Tinkoff website, but he did make a very brief appearance on the 'official' start list... Thinking The mysteries of the peloton are many... Thinking Fare thee well, Mauricio, I hope we meet again... and you come back to ride as a 3.0 rider again... We could certainly use you at the Tour... Thinking

22nd April 2014 - 6:06

like this
Like (185)

He's still on the official startlist, so don't count him out yet

Gkam84's picture

22nd April 2014 - 6:36

like this
Like (187)

Gkam84 wrote:

@ProCyclingStats just tweeted they think it must be Edward Beltran... Interesting Thinking ... The suspense is killing me... Waiting

22nd April 2014 - 16:48

like this
Like (183)

Enrique....go sort it out for me. http://www.letour.fr/la-fleche-wallonne-femme/2014/us/starters.html

Just about to enter final start list for the womens race....look who appears there aswell....

Untitled.jpg
Gkam84's picture

22nd April 2014 - 18:55

like this
Like (186)

Gkam84 wrote:
... look who appears there as well....

Ha ha ha! That's amazing! Smile I tweeted @flechewallone, no answer yet, but this just takes the cake! Amazing! What a verstaile rider! I bent over laughing so hard! Thank you! Smile If we ever have a coed season long Purist competition, I'm putting him on my team! Smile

22nd April 2014 - 19:29

like this
Like (187)

Its not Fleche you need to tweet, it's @letour and I'm on it already Wink

Gkam84's picture

22nd April 2014 - 19:31

like this
Like (189)

Gkam84 wrote:

enrique wrote:
@ProCyclingStats... tweeted they think it['s]... Edward Beltran...

The organizers really dropped the ball for this race... Thinking It's amazing, you'd think the organizers would be the ones who most care about the accuracy of their own race's start list Thinking

In this case, you uttered no truer words than you did last year:

Gkam84 wrote:
Race websites are normally the last places to update Nerd

*sigh* So long, Mauricio...

23rd April 2014 - 16:28

like this
Like (183)

Heh apparently 'Mauricio Henao'and 'Tom Scully' made it into the Fleche Wallone Femenine results today, at least for a little while. No. 6 and No. 36 below:

PV 1.png

23rd April 2014 - 21:42

like this
Like (188)

I can't find the Belkin rider Martijn Keizer in the game... I have him in a list like he was in the game before, but he appears in the list I had downloaded as 'no trade team'

24th April 2014 - 15:01

like this
Like (186)

enrique wrote:
I can't find... Martijn Keizer in the game...

Thank you! Smile

25th April 2014 - 18:51

like this
Like (190)

I'll get him bunged into Belkin. He was part of Vancansoleil and didn't get a contact till March....

Also, Henao is listed in Saxobank for LBL Devil

Gkam84's picture

25th April 2014 - 19:07

like this
Like (188)

It seems someone moved him for me....unless you just edited that post and it shows todays date?

Gkam84's picture

25th April 2014 - 19:09

like this
Like (185)

Gkam84 wrote:
It seems someone moved him for me...

Probably. That's good, though! Smile I know you haven't gotten around to the Pro Continental Teams but I was looking at the Giro D'Italia start lists and looking at Team Colombia I see that Edwin Alciviades Avila in the game appears as Edwin 'Alcibiades' on the UCI page and the Team Colombia website...

I have a suggestion. You probably have all these folks at Team Colombia and probably most of the riders from Spanish Speaking countries down with their first name, middle name , father's last name and mother's last name...

The truth is, with all these Spanish and Latin American names, you could probably do away with their middle names for the game. For the most part, riders, like Segio Luis Henao, are usually just called Sergio Henao, Nairo Alexander Quintana could easily just be called Nairo Quintana, etc...

It would make the names shorter, the database neater and it would visually look less congested with less names around a rider...

I would even get rid of the mother's last name, as in Igor Anton Hernandez, and just use Igor Anton, and only use the mother's last name to distinguish two riders who have identical first and last names, if necessary... I think it would look neater that way... Thanks! Smile

26th April 2014 - 20:19

like this
Like (187)

Edwin Alciviades Avila in the game appears as Edwin 'Alcibiades' Avila on the UCI website and the team site:

PV 1.png PV 1.png

10th May 2014 - 13:46

like this
Like (179)

Charles 'Planey' in the game should be Charles 'Planet'

Luis 'Lemas' should be Luis 'Lemus' (http://www.jellybellycycling.com/2014-team/luis-lemus)

Gregory 'Brenes Obando' should be Gregory 'Obando Brenes'

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/uploads/images/2014-results/stage1/...

PV 1.png PV 1.png

12th May 2014 - 8:08

like this
Like (178)

'Ariel Maximiliano Richeze' in the game should be 'Maximiliano Ariel Richeze'

PV 1.png

7th July 2014 - 11:37

like this
Like (127)
Gkam84's picture

7th July 2014 - 11:40

like this
Like (129)

Gkam84 wrote:
...Will go check the UCI
... that's where the screenshot I put up came from...

7th July 2014 - 11:52

like this
Like (127)

Hello to every one here Presently ! Well we are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of quality documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland . This list is not full. contact General support
To get the additional information and place the order just call or contact us via email mobile.

So if you want to change your location, Identity, Visibility, Travel to where you desire most and more just get directly to us at

Email ID

Skype ID: many.types

posted by londromat [3 posts]
12th July 2014 - 7:55

like this
Like (127)

enrique wrote:
... You probably have... most of the riders from Spanish Speaking countries down with their first name, middle name , father's last name and mother's last name... For the most part, riders, like Segio Luis Henao, are usually just called Sergio Henao, Nairo Alexander Quintana could easily just be called Nairo Quintana, etc... It would make the names shorter, the database neater and it would visually look less congested with less names around a rider...
Since it's not that busy for a while now, wouldn't it be nice to clean up the Latin American and Spanish names to make for shorter names? I can provide you a list if you want...

1st August 2014 - 0:18

like this
Like (85)

By the way, I think there might be a space character [ ] in the database after Daniel Martin's name and after Mikel Landa's ... Thinking

1st August 2014 - 0:22

like this
Like (82)

enrique wrote:
'Ariel Maximiliano Richeze' in the game should be 'Maximiliano Ariel Richeze'
Thank you by the way... Love Struck

1st August 2014 - 0:25

like this