Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hybrid Bikes

Hi,

I am looking for new, hybrid bike that is good for commuting around 9 miles a day and the odd weekend longer ride.

So far I have the Giant Rapid and the Specialized Sirrus in mind. Does anyone have either of these two bikes and would recommend them? Or does anyone know of any other hybrids between £500-£800?

Cheers,

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes
paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got a Merida Spresso. Really nice bike for commuting. Can take it off road too which is a bonus.

PJ McNally | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have a Giant Rapid 1 (2011 model).

awesome bike, has been up hardknott pass and wrynose etc, makes me very happy.

Rapid 1 is way overkill as a commuter though - get a 3 or 4. (Giant do it so higher numbers are lower spec).

I commute on a modded Trek 7.2 fx (hybrid) - 7.1 is bottom of the range, so 7.2 is just one step up - and I love it. Did put some better wheels on it though.

robdaykin (not verified) | 11 years ago
0 likes

Only one thing against the Planet X. For a commuter/city bike, where are the mudguard and rack mounts?

matthewn5 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, try the Ridgeback Flight, I had one and it was great!

Also don't overlook Planet X's inexpensive carbon flat-bar bike:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPFBFOR/planet_x_pro_carbon_sra...

A bit over your budget but so much superior, and under the Cycle To Work Scheme limit so you can get it tax-free if your employer is in the scheme!

colhum1 replied to matthewn5 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I do my 10 mile commute on a Cannondale CX Quick2 (2011)
Great ride..swapped the tyres from the supplied conti 35's to 25 armadillo's..really nips along.

Latest Comments