Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno-Adriatico stage 6

Right it seems ive made a massive oversight with regards to this stage, so im gonna to apologise now...

It seems the parcours is not actually as flat as I thought, and it shouldn't be/isn't a flat stage. When I read the stage profile I saw climbs of 2.9km at 6.1% and 6.3km at 2.9% so thought it was pretty flat. However I failed to notice that on each of these climbs they actually ramp up to 27% that I failed to notice

So all I can do right now is apologise for that

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I tend to give my purist teams lots of thought and then still pick badly so I wouldn't bother  3

I like the difficulties of picking one team for a whole race but it can sometimes be dispiriting to pick riders who should do well only for them to flop spectacularly.

The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes

yes did it again dumped nibali and horner for
boom and cancelara looked good but at the end
same story as the last 4 stages in a row

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

It makes it more interesting from a breakaway point of view but surely it's more exciting to see the best riders going hell for leather to the finish in an effort to go after the time bonuses? If it wasn't for the bonuses then Contador/Rodriguez might not have attacked Froome so hard yesterday, I'd say that made the racing better as we're seeing the best riders putting 100% in all the time.

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rats. Being across the pond with the severe time lag (and numerous other life events going on lately) I've been taking the road.cc course profile as gospel. Had to make some sacrifices to get Greipel and Cav both in there... really wishing I had time to do proper research now.  2

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

The best riders can still go after each other after a breakaway has already won, then you have the unpredictability and interest of who will be in a breakaway and whether it will stay away or not as well as the best riders, who are a very select group and we all know who they are, battling it out, (hopefully without the benefit of doping!!), which of course I want to see as well. All the time bonuses do, I think, is reduce the chance of people really bothering in breakaways, especially in a short race with few opportunities for bonuses to be won.

But with Sagan targeting a win a breakaway was never really going to work today. Got that right, unfortunately I didn't think Froome was going to do so badly, although I had a funny feeling after getting rid of Contador instead of Froome, which is usually a sign that I know I've made a mistake.

The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes

for tomorow i took out appollonio and santanbrogio
so i would say put them in your teams and make a bet at unbibet they will end top 5 for sure:)

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Phinney missed the time cut. I saved a transfer specifically for him.  20

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

He was way way way out of time coming in a good 15 minutes behind the rest.

Scores updating, let me know if I've missed anything.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

liked his comment on twitter though

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

wow that's some list of DNF/DNS
limited options for tomorrow  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

All the DNF makes my choice easier I have 5/9 riding, but I am doing a full 9 transfers tonight  19

0 likes

Stage hunting GKam?

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Everybody go and pester @micacquarone on twitter to hassle the race jury into allowing TP back in the race. Read @SSbike comments on the time limit and see if you agree.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Off your stage score.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Balls....I am never going to win the stage then, unless I get the first 9 riders home  20  20

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Maybe, but you could still get podium, full house and maybe a lanterne rouge badge.

180 might be out of reach (I got 246 on PN final TT, less 70 for your transers gives 176) but there's still plenty to play for.

Alan Tullett replied to The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes
The Instigator wrote:

yes did it again dumped nibali and horner for
boom and cancelara looked good but at the end
same story as the last 4 stages in a row

That's the problem with time bonuses on the line. Breaks aren't given a chance. Glad the TdF doesn't have them; makes the racing more interesting and varied.

Gkam84 replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Stage hunting GKam?

Big time, but do the 70 penalty points come off my stage score or my overall?

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not so sure who is the most impressive person in world cycling at the moment...Wig-billy or Peter Sagan.....its a close call....  1

Wig_Billy replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Not so sure who is the most impressive person in world cycling at the moment...Wig-billy or Peter Sagan.....its a close call....  1

I'd say Sagan just edges it... only by a tiny bit though.  38

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

DO NOT TALK TO ME

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan is a machine, is there any reason why in two or three years time he couldn't slim down a bit and challenge on GC?

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Sagan is a machine, is there any reason why in two or three years time he couldn't slim down a bit and challenge on GC?

When you can win the Green jersey and some classics for about the next decade, why bother?

Brought him in today but swaped Contador for him instead of Froome! Unfortunately the main purist team against mine has him and I don't, so I'm not going to win the Purist I think. Knew about the 20% for today but not when I picked my purist team. The profile didn't show it only the timetable, I think, and I don't normally put much thought into Purist but perhaps I will in future.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1.Sagan
2.Nibali +2
3.Rodriguez +2
4.Santambrogio +44"
5.Sanchez
6.Horner
7.Contador
8.Roelandts +50"
9 Hushovd
10 Geschke

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

F*******************

Sagan, J-Rod and Nibali off for the win, Sanchez and Contador chasing.

So the top 5, I dropped 2 thinking it was a flat stage  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14

0 likes

oh dear Wig_Billy transferred Cunego out today  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is how bad my team looks because I was not paying ANY attention to the race and trusted the stage profile here...

Peter Sagan
Mark Cavendish (Joaquin Rodriguez)
Andre Greipel (Bauke Mollema)
Arnaud Demare (Taylor Phinney)
Gerald Ciolek (Samuel Sanchez)
Andy Schleck
David De La Cruz
Jay Robert Thomson
Mauro Finetto

Mikeh789 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, thanks.

0 likes

Cancellara for the win?  39

My purist team could do with it and Boom in 2nd  4

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

It would be but there are no break points in multi day races, only mountain and/or sprint points.

Pages

Latest Comments