Home

I'm fairly new to this forum but have been posting on Singletrack for a while , Anyhoo after breaking a collar bone and then tearing ligaments I've almost kinda defected to road riding and for a wee podgy pasty faced scots lad I'm fairly confident when It comes to road riding. Anyhoo I'm heading up to Torridon for a few days riding next month and then back up in August to do the classic mtb routes. That said my question is If you had a week to kill and wanted to do the classic french or Italian climbs where is the best place to base yourselves. ? I'd like to do Alp du Huez , Galiber and possibly Ventoux. But to be honest would consider Italy If I could string a few together.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

3 comments

chiv30 [986 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Bourg d'oisson , little town right at the base of alpe d'huez , gives you access to huez ,Croix De fer , glandon ,sarenne not far from Madeleine , telegraph, galibier , it's like cycling mecca down there plus you have les deux alps and the megavalanche courses if you do fancy ur downhill mtb

technojim [33 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Briancon is up and out the other side of the valley and gives more access to Italy with the Ventoux not too far away.

stanfree [17 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your help , just need to convince the wife there would be something for her to do when Im puffing and panting my way slowly up a mountain. I suppose thats why so many head to Tenerife and Mallorca to cycle as they get peace to cycle and there other halfs can sit at the beach all day.  4