Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice stage 7

Coppel currently fastest 20'33" although that was half a minute slower than he managed last year. I reckon that will see him finish somewhere 10-15th

My team is this

Porte
Westra
Talansky
Chavanel
Tejay
Peraud
Spilak
Ullisi
Navarro (my wildcard  39 )

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

29 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I only had the two transfers and used them to bring in TJVG and Coppel for De Gendt and Lofkvist. I already had the others and had gotten fairly lucky by dropping my sprinters for GC guys a day earlier than most and having Talansky when he won. I'd kept Chavanel from stage one and had Porte in time for his win too, got fairly lucky really  4

enrique replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I [brought in] TJVG and Coppel... and... already had the others and [I had dropped]... my sprinters... I'd [had] Chavanel from stage one and had Porte in... got fairly lucky really  4

Beautiful, almost as beautiful as the race itself! Thanks for the story!  1

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Damn. 1 mistake today cost me. Swapped Quintana for Peraud. Should have been Westra for Peraud. 242 points and only 14th. Missed the Podium badge again  2 Oh well, at least I got another full house and high stage score badge.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I fluked my full house - thought I'd blown it but Menchov just sneaked 18th, and Siutsou got 5 for Porte's win. Managed to watch it all this afternoon and Tirreno as well, first time in a while I've been able to do that! Hopefully San Remo next weekend.

On another note - anyone know if you can watch Eurosport Player through a PS3? I feel like you should be able to, but can't work it out. Or should I just get a cable and plug my laptop into my telly?

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Full house, 180 and the winner, and I still went down the tables...sobs.  2 well done mr porte, you #devil

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Also congrats to Willy on breaking the 5k mark!

stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got my full house at last! really upset beaten by two of my daughters today and overall PN, didn't see Quintana coming up with that time, maybe I should retire  3 congrats Drheaton good day.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I was worried about the Stage Podium badge as I've been close but it seems to be getting more competitive as the season goes on.

TTs are always tight but today seems to have been really really close.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

shows how tight it was though, i was 57th and only 14 points off the winner. Just a 180 badge for me today

Congrats Drheaton, good day for you.

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

Had a few transfers held back for today, so badges galore... 180, Full House, Stage Podium. Bonus was having Hutarovich in my Purist team which also gives me my first Lanterne Rouge of the year  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Also congrats to Willy on breaking the 5k mark!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

246!!! Stage podium, podium, full house, high roller and tour top ten badges plus forum scorum lead and up to 7th overall for PN!

Needless to say I'm pretty chuffed with that  4

enrique replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

246!!! Stage podium, podium, full house, high roller and tour top ten badges plus forum scorum lead and up to 7th overall for PN!

Needless to say I'm pretty chuffed with that  4

Wow! That was impressive, dr! Pretty cool! How long did you plan that out, dr? Out of curiousity, did you have to save a lot of transfers to stack that team that way or did you already have it looking pretty much like that for the previous mountain Stage, Stage 5? That's gotta be up there near the top of the High Scores for the season, right? Pretty cool! Wow!  1

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

i dropped Quintana and lopez for Coppel and kloden......but hoping I've picked up my 180 badge!?  31

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

190 for me and only on page 3......"flashes"

The winner today had 248  20

I forgot to make changes last night and had 2 non scorers  14

0 likes

234 points for me I reckon and actually a decentish score for my purist team for once (111 points)

I think 264 will win the stage

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ive messed up big time....took out Quintana and Peraud....Risky with Peraud but didnt see Quintana TT ing like that....Oh well s**t happens...  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have 7 of those 9, Coppel for Jeannesson and Westra for Spilak.

Should get another 180 badge if I'm lucky.

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I have 7 of those 9, Coppel for Jeannesson and Westra for Spilak.

Should get another 180 badge if I'm lucky.

240 for you I think  39 not added it up properly though just some rough maths in my head

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think it's a full house and I expect most people will get one (will be my second - they're hard to get) but should have swapped Velits for Spilak instead of Ulissi. Peraud for Menchov worked out well though. Nearly didn't use my transfers as well until I checked last year's result.

0 likes

Poor for me apart from 1-8 on GC

Should have kept Quintana axed Westra, and gone for Jeanesson over Navarro

This team will win the stage and can be afforded

Porte
Talansky
Tejay
Chavanel
Qunitana
Spilak
Peraud
Ulissi
Jeanesson

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Should be a full house and 1-5 plus 7, 9 and Coppel.

chokofingrz | 11 years ago
0 likes

Westra > Quintana is the illogical transfer that could have been a stage-winning move for me and doubtless many others.

0 likes

Also my gamble to go with Navarro over Jeanesson has not paid off either

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

i axed him too  20

0 likes

Great time by Qunitana goes fastest 19'43"  39  13  20

0 likes

Oh Dear! axing Quintana could have been a massive mistake

0 likes

Jon Izagirre has just one fastest at 20'22"

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

My wildcard was Siutsou but he's just come in 12th. Apart from that, switch Spilak for Menchov and you have my team - I think a lot of teams will be pretty similar today!

Latest Comments