Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno Adriatico Stage 5

Stage 5 is underway. Steep hills to finish, mountains on the way. Could be good to watch if you can find a live stream.

Sepp Vanmarcke has already abandoned, following a crash.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Can we have a "show/hide Wig_Billy" button on the league tables please?  3

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm glad I resisted the urge to change my team - 1,2,4,6,17 and some KOM points from Cunego. Tomorrow looks a bit unpredictable.  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Took out Mollema, left in Rodriguez though.

The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes

can i say the F word
i took out Jrod and mollema for horner,santamborio and kwiat yesterday:(

1 Rodriguez 2 Mollema 3 Contador 4 Santambrogio 5 Horner 6 Froome 7 Nibali 8 Niemiec 9 Kreuziger 10 Martin 11 Amador 12 Henao 13 Uran 14 Pozzovivo 15 Kwiatkowski 16 Moreno

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Now Chicchi and Steegmans have quit.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

After 80km, gap is up to 7 minutes.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

There are some proper ITT'ers in this race....some already mentioned(Sagan,Kwiatkowski)but don't forget Castroviejo,Dowsett,Bookwalter,Lancaster,Tuft,Boom,Devolder,Langeveld,Nordhaug
Ramunas,Kessiakoff,Rogers etc as well as the big guns Spartacus,Martin,Phinney,Froome,Contador and Evans.....in fact we're probably Wiggins and Chavanel away from an Olympics!!

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

There are some proper ITT'ers in this race....some already mentioned(Sagan,Kwiatkowski)but don't forget Castroviejo,Dowsett,Bookwalter,Lancaster,Tuft,Boom,Devolder,Langeveld,Nordhaug
Ramunas,Kessiakoff,Rogers etc as well as the big guns Spartacus,Martin,Phinney,Froome,Contador and Evans.....in fact we're probably Wiggins and Chavanel away from an Olympics!!

I didn't want to give away some of my other choices  3

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

11th Sagan last year, however there was no contador, froome who can TT and no Phinney, Kwiatowski, Martin so last years results are slightly skewed, althought it is only short

Basically for me its gonna be Sagan and Nocentini tomorrow with Sagan tuesday or Contador and Ciolek tomorrow and then Contador for Tuesday. So which of those 2 combinations will work best for me  39 may play safe and go Contador Ciolek route, but then if Sagan wins tomorrow and Ciolek doesn't podium  39 Also Cav will want to win the points jersey so will need to finish high, not that I will bring him in

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

My team is Froome, Nibali and Bertie, plus a seemingly totally random selection of cheapo's due to not making any transfers. One in the break tho!

Froome
Nibali
Contador
Pardilla
Pimenta Mendes
Devolder
Bole
Hushovd
Van Kiersbulck or whatever his name is

Have to decide whether to write off tomorrow and keep 6 transfers for the TT, or bring in Sagan and maybe another for tomorrow - I think Sagan was top 10 in the same TT last year...

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just one change today(Poels in for VanAvermaet)

Nibali
J-Rod
Bravo
Benedetti
Uran
Mollema
Poels
Stybar
Dennis

so good performances from Mollema and Uran may be my best bet of gaining advantage today.

Will look to bring in Sagan and Kwiatkowski(unless he gets blown away today)for tomorrow then Spartacus, Panzerwagon and Phinney for the TT.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Kaisen (LOT) quits.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Contador
Froome
Kwiatowski
Santambrogio
Appollonio
Garzelli
Roulston
Pozzovivo
Marangoni

May well save my transfers on Monday for ITT Tuesday......but the lure of Sagan is hard to resist  26

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Contador
Froome
Kwiatowski
Santambrogio
Appollonio
Garzelli
Roulston
Pozzovivo
Marangoni

May well save my transfers on Monday for ITT Tuesday......but the lure of Sagan is hard to resist  26

Especially as he's no mug in the ITT either!!

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Reimer (MTN) and Failli (VIN) abandon.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agnoli (AST), Schar (BMC), Belkov (KAT), Cunego (LAM), Langeveld (OGE), Devolder (RLT), Flecha (VCD) and Gatto (VIN) are 4'10" up the road.

I've got someone in the break again  1 Bet he's last over every climb and sprint.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Unlike yesterday Im gonna to avoid the forum after about 2 and wait until its on eurosport (without knowing what happens) as I didnt have the full results to do the scores till about 6 anyway

my team is a mess

Contador
Froome
Nocentini
Poels
Kwiatowski
Bole
Hushovd
Dennis
Garzelli

Only gonna make 1 change for tomorrow so i can have a decent team for Tuesday, but its either gonna be Sagan for Contador or Ciolek for Nocentini  39

Latest Comments