Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno Adriatico Climbs and Categories

I asked the same question about the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad previously.

Basically, I'm not sure why I haven't seen any references to the TA climbs being categorized. I haven't seen any profiles that say Cat 1, Cat 2 etc...

Does anyone know if the categorizations exists? Can you point me to ithem? Or, can anyone take a shot at comparing the climbs in these races to the Cat 1's, Cat 2's, Cat 3's etc... in the Grand Tours?

Thanks!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I believe they are not categorised as the points for the mountain competition are the same for each climb regardless of there difficulty, so it wouldn't mean anything to teams by catergorising them.

You can get all the information on there website on the length of the climb, the gradient, the max gradient etc and you would then just have to compare that to the same data for say Paris-nice to work it out

But Parti di tivo was 14.6km at 7.1% with a max of 12% so that would easily be a cat 1

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... You can get all the information on the website... and you would then just have to compare that to the same data for say Paris-nice to work it out... But Parti di tivo was 14.6km at 7.1% with a max of 12% so that would easily be a cat 1

Ah! Thanks, TER!  1

Latest Comments