Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shimano ultegra 6510

Hi, i have recently inherited some used Ultegra 6510 shifters to replace my previous Sora's. Although mechanically very sound thet have intimate knowledge of the road and are missing the nameplates and are a bit tired looking. After losing several hours of my life on the net trying to locate spare nameplates, housings etc if have reached the conclusion that as they are no longer made the chances of finding the exact parts are very slim. I was wondering if anyone with a similar issue, or a greater knowledge of the mechanics of these style of shifters, can suggest a solution. Is there possibly another model of hoods that would cover the damaged/missing area? I look forward to any replies that can can be of assistance. Thanks, Fraser.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

jayme | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think that I may have a pair of the nameplates in the garage. I will have a look in the morning and let you know.

fraserh replied to jayme | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I was hoping someone might have some in their workshop/garage. Cheers.

Latest Comments