Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pyrenean Ride question

I've booked a holiday in SW France and plan to do a one day ride in the Pyrenees (Col d'Aspin, Tourmalet & Aubsique). However, this means a one way 80 mile ride and I'm struggling to work a way to get me and my bike back to the car. Does anyone have any experience how they have overcome this issue?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

When are you doing it Baybash? one idea is to find someone to ride it with and use two cars. I am usually in that area from end July until Sept.

Old Cranky | 11 years ago
0 likes

I ended up paying a taxi driver 100 Euros to get me back to my car at the start on similar event in the area

Timbo13 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you base yourself in Lourdes, you could head out west to Louvie-Juzon for a 20 mile spin, then a steady climb south to Laruns, east up the Col d'Aubisque then Col du Soulor, descend to Argeles-Gazost, then head south to Luz Saint Sauveur and over the Tourmalet. After that, I'd head back to Lourdes, 25 miles downhill all the way, and leave the Aspin for another trip, because frankly that's 107 miles or so as it is and that's quite enough!

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

This route is often called the 'Circle of Death' so maybe google that.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/19195020

however, it is not circular at all, I don't know why they call it that so unless you want to do it in reverse or do a massive detour back through the south of France you might find out if there is a train you could use for the return leg.
I guess you only have one car or you could do a shuttle run.

Latest Comments