Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A little help please

Attatched is an idea for a finished piece for one of my Pre-U Fine Art projects.

As part of the development, please may I get some feedback and perhaps an artistic response?

Anything is appreciated,

Thanks,

LL

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nonono!

The whole point is that it's taken from Tweets!

The second one is Mark Cavendish.

I was thinking of adding an 'O' to the saddle, but that may be a bit crap.

Hmm.

All worth considering.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think the first 1 is pretty "bad, and not in a Michael Jackson way" - David Millar. Hate how the front wheel makes the C and the bike looks pretty awkward. If you made a drop bar you'd have an alternative C which I think would look better. The 2nd one is nicer but why shoot the chainring from the back?

Also the caption could read... "Sundays were made for cyclists; so get the f**k off the road, shouldn't you be in church anyway? Pr!ck!". Then you could have a hand giving the finger but glossed over in carbon fibre effect.  39

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

TBH I find all this "Look at me, I'm so hardcore" stuff a bit sad, as if people have something to prove.

Just ride yer bike  1

Tom Amos | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd change the wording of the second artwork. It's a bit too long. whatabout "some days feel like they're for cyclists/cycling". do you need the word "just"? It's a pretty meaningless word! Just, just let me tell you, just because but just before that I'm just going to tell you that it just so happens that just...." etc. etc.

foxyloxy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Chainwheels,now theres a thing,I bet you are not old enough to remember the craze of having chainsets drilled to save weight!Foxyloxy  3

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Here's another.

Critique welcome.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I think the text is where it falls down.

My two sources of text are Velominati Rules, and Tweets off UK cyclists.

Keep it coming please.

SPAM Naval | 11 years ago
0 likes

i'm not sure the artwork makes an easy impression on first glance (or even second or third). Is the banner saying 'CYCLE' or 'CYCLEO'. If its the former, you need to work on the rear wheel. Make the rear wheel and chain stay into the 'E' maybe..

wakou | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awful. Start again.

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

I like the artwork.

The text needs work, I think. Change the font - maybe take inspiration from old TdF posters?
The line of text at the top is very unbalanced compared to the line at the bottom. That definitely needs addressing - and then take a look at your kerning.

foxyloxy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi,like the artwork,not the comment!Been cycling 57yrs this year,trained and raced when family young,both now nearly 40 yrs old.Raced when a Coalface Chargeman at the local Pit,now retired i,ve learnt that while I love my 4 bikes and Tandem,cycling comes behind,Wife,Home,and personals,but I still get 100 miles per week.Looking forward to 2013 TT season.Good Luck,Foxyloxy  16

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is of course #11

Latest Comments