Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice: Stage 4

Well, after todays stage where do we go from here. My main GC hope for the comp, Gesink, is over a minute down.

With seven cat climbs its going to be a very difficult day and the weather is supposed to be rubbish again tomorrow.

Time to wisely use my 2 transfers  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got Clarke in my purist along with Gesink -  20

Lets hope your right

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was considering bringing Gesink in for tomorrow. Now he's fallen a little behind he may be given some space to attack tomorrow and take the stage.

Clement, Clarke, Taaramae and maybe even JTL are others I've got my eye on for tomorrow as they're all a good few minutes down.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got rid of Gesink as he's doing nothing and my team now looks like:

Sylvain Chavanel (OPQ)
Tejay van Garderen (BMC)
Nicolas Roche (SAX)
Andrew Talansky (GRM) (for gallopin)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS) (for gesink)
Damien Gaudin (EUC)
Egoitz Garcia (COF)

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

In the end I didn't try chasing after the break, my team:

Talansky
Porte (for Soupe)
Quintana (for Viviani)
Roche
Westra
Chavanel
Hivert
Gallopin
Haussler

No TJ and I may not actually bother to bring him in at all. He's expensive and I don't know he's worth it when compared to some of the others.

Hoping for it to come back together before the end and have a GC sprint.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gutted! Looks like a strong break and one that could well make it to the end depending on how much leeway they get from the peloton.

However you might be in luck TER, Voeckler is only 1'32 down on Talansky so Garmin will probably keep it on a fairly short leash and try to limit any loss if it stays away.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

B'ahhhhh  20  20  20

Got rid of Meersman for Clarke! anticipating the break, guess who is in the break....Meersman  20

Voeckler, Dupond, Meersman, Tschopp, Barguil, Sicard and Morkov.

Just hoping the break is caught before the last sprint so some others may get some points

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Happy with my team for today(possible full house badge?)

Malacarne
Westra
Izagirre
Keizer
Tejay
Talansky
Kelderman
Grivko
Quintana

I also still have 1 transfer in reserve.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've made my changes, both sprinters for GC men, but I'm really tempted to pick a couple of potential breakaway guys...

Penalty transfers or no I never get it right but my punt on Talansky yesterday paid off so I'm tempted to follow my gut and pick up Keizer who might be looking to keep the mountains jersey but that'd mean dropping either Hivert or Haussler...

No matter how many times I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this I always come back to the realistation that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing most of the time.

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not. A. Clue.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Brought in lopez...and tjvg

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know what im gonna do, taking a punt for tomorrows breakaway but may get it wrong. Dropping Meersman, Viviani and Kittel for some other riders

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Incurred my first EVER penalty points today. Picked the wrong Basque last time, so sorted that out, and brought in Porte and a makeweight domestique (albeit one with a gleam in his eye...).

Happily, already had Talansky and TJVG  4

Rich Buxton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got 3 Transfers to use and i've not got a clue how to put in for stage 4..
Any idea's?
Help Plz  39  39

Rich Buxton replied to Rich Buxton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I mean WHO... lol

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

My team currently shows Bouhanni in it, even though I transferred him out yesterday. When I view my transfers, the one I did dropping Bouhanni is listed, but when I view my team, he's still there. Anyone else had a problem with this?

chrisdstripes replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

My team currently shows Bouhanni in it, even though I transferred him out yesterday. When I view my transfers, the one I did dropping Bouhanni is listed, but when I view my team, he's still there. Anyone else had a problem with this?

Oh just ignore me I was looking at my purist team. Not the first stupid thing I've done today...

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Took the plunge and got rid of Gesink for Talansky. Dont know whether he will last if they push it up the climbs but he certainly will give it a go.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

57 on standard with all green arrows  39
but 126 on purist  4 12th on stage  36

Taken a punt on a VCD rider 5mins down  26 plus a few others for 20 point penalty  39

drheaton replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

57 on standard with all green arrows  39
but 126 on purist  4 12th on stage  36

Taken a punt on a VCD rider 5mins down  26 plus a few others for 20 point penalty  39

I don't think tomorrow is really de Gendt's type of stage, he's one for the big occasions, the queen stages, a bit like Pierre Rolland.

I might bring him in later but not just yet.

I had a look at my team and I can get Van Garderen in there but only just and by ditching Hivert. I might take the risk and leave out TJVG in favour of a number of other potentials like Porte or Peraud.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Scored 92 thanks to Talansky, thought I'd done OK but moved up loads, looks everyone else had a rubbish day today  19

I think I'll be clearing out the rest of my flat finish sprinters like Viviani and Soupe (he was a waste of a transfer last night) and start to try and jiggle my budget around to squeeze in Van Garderen, not sure I can manage it though.

ianbar | 11 years ago
0 likes

made 5 transfers myself....despirate times!

Pages

Latest Comments