Tirreno Adriatico

by NorthernRouleur   March 4, 2013  

It looks like the Popularity tab when picking a team in Tirreno-Adriatico is working in a "non optimal" way; unless of course Sanchez and Kreuziger are really the most popular riders!

Maybe I'm missing out?

14 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

The popularity rankings don't usually work until after the first stage. For example it's likely that TJVG, Chavanel, Westra, Bouhanni and Porte are the 5 most popular riders for Paris-Nice.

What I would say is that where it's ordered alphabetically it usually means that there's is no ranking, for TA it's likely that Sanchez and Kreuziger have some kind of residual popularity as they appear to be the only ones ranked on popularity.

posted by drheaton [3350 posts]
4th March 2013 - 13:49

like this
Like (0)

TA is hatd to pick. By the time U have picked four likely stage winners you only have fifteen. Credits left...ugh...might need to use a different tactic... nine climbers maybe...

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1154 posts]
4th March 2013 - 19:26

like this
Like (0)

Yeah agreed, I've done mine, no sprinters in the purist team...

For standard, I've gone for broke on the TTT with two riders from each of the three teams I think will do well, as normally I mess up the TTTs by being too conservative.

Probably the first race this season when you've got no chance of being able to afford all the riders you want, which made it great fun to pick a team!

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1355 posts]
4th March 2013 - 19:40

like this
Like (0)

I've kind of ignored the TTT and picked a team for the flat stages Thinking

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1404 posts]
4th March 2013 - 19:49

like this
Like (0)

Admittedly 3 of my 6 TTTers are sprinters too...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1355 posts]
4th March 2013 - 19:52

like this
Like (0)

livestrongnick wrote:
I've kind of ignored the TTT and picked a team for the flat stages Thinking

Shhhh! Stop giving my tactics away!

posted by drheaton [3350 posts]
4th March 2013 - 19:56

like this
Like (0)

Maybe I need to pick four cheap bargains and see whats left...

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1154 posts]
4th March 2013 - 20:59

like this
Like (0)

chrisdstripes wrote:
Yeah agreed, I've done mine, no sprinters in the purist team...

For standard, I've gone for broke on the TTT with two riders from each of the three teams I think will do well, as normally I mess up the TTTs by being too conservative.

Probably the first race this season when you've got no chance of being able to afford all the riders you want, which made it great fun to pick a team!

Ive got two sprinters in my purist, kind of took a risk

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
4th March 2013 - 21:36

like this
Like (0)

What a head scratcher this one is....Purist team is a nightmare to pick....Might just gamble on going for the final stage.... Thinking

stevespro

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [430 posts]
5th March 2013 - 11:51

like this
Like (0)

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
What a head scratcher this one is....Purist team is a nightmare to pick....Might just gamble on going for the final stage.... Thinking

It is such a head scratcher, im hopoing as it is only 9km, one of my sprinters may be up there in the top 20

Ive tried to cover all bases.
3 sprinters, 1 TT guy, 1 GC/TT, 1 GC and 3 that could do well or not do well on stages

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
5th March 2013 - 11:58

like this
Like (0)

Can I have some more cash for this one? 250 should cover it.

posted by Sanderville [192 posts]
5th March 2013 - 18:09

like this
Like (0)

A real thumbsucker this one, for standard and purist. Good to get some practice in for picking TTT squads, made a hash of the last one.

Making that call between Cav, Greipel and Sagan for the flat stages will be tough. Maybe pick those three and pack the rest of the squad with low-rent Italian domestiques looking to get in the breaks? It's a tactic...

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [803 posts]
5th March 2013 - 20:36

like this
Like (0)

Ghedebrav wrote:
A real thumbsucker this one, for standard and purist. Good to get some practice in for picking TTT squads, made a hash of the last one.

Making that call between Cav, Greipel and Sagan for the flat stages will be tough. Maybe pick those three and pack the rest of the squad with low-rent Italian domestiques looking to get in the breaks? It's a tactic...

I may regret it but not got Sagan in either team, but in my standard I do have a good decent set of sprinters for the first two stages

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
5th March 2013 - 21:35

like this
Like (0)

For purists, I reckon its easier to pick the winners of tghe hilly stages, whereas sprints is a free for all and may get beaten by a break, so ive packed my purist team with climbers. Go rigoberto! Liar

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1154 posts]
5th March 2013 - 23:53

like this
Like (0)