Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno Adriatico

It looks like the Popularity tab when picking a team in Tirreno-Adriatico is working in a "non optimal" way; unless of course Sanchez and Kreuziger are really the most popular riders!

Maybe I'm missing out?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

For purists, I reckon its easier to pick the winners of tghe hilly stages, whereas sprints is a free for all and may get beaten by a break, so ive packed my purist team with climbers. Go rigoberto!  44

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

A real thumbsucker this one, for standard and purist. Good to get some practice in for picking TTT squads, made a hash of the last one.

Making that call between Cav, Greipel and Sagan for the flat stages will be tough. Maybe pick those three and pack the rest of the squad with low-rent Italian domestiques looking to get in the breaks? It's a tactic...

TERatcliffe26 replied to Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

A real thumbsucker this one, for standard and purist. Good to get some practice in for picking TTT squads, made a hash of the last one.

Making that call between Cav, Greipel and Sagan for the flat stages will be tough. Maybe pick those three and pack the rest of the squad with low-rent Italian domestiques looking to get in the breaks? It's a tactic...

I may regret it but not got Sagan in either team, but in my standard I do have a good decent set of sprinters for the first two stages

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

Can I have some more cash for this one? 250 should cover it.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

What a head scratcher this one is....Purist team is a nightmare to pick....Might just gamble on going for the final stage....  39

TERatcliffe26 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

What a head scratcher this one is....Purist team is a nightmare to pick....Might just gamble on going for the final stage....  39

It is such a head scratcher, im hopoing as it is only 9km, one of my sprinters may be up there in the top 20

Ive tried to cover all bases.
3 sprinters, 1 TT guy, 1 GC/TT, 1 GC and 3 that could do well or not do well on stages

0 likes

Maybe I need to pick four cheap bargains and see whats left...

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Admittedly 3 of my 6 TTTers are sprinters too...

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've kind of ignored the TTT and picked a team for the flat stages  39

drheaton replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

I've kind of ignored the TTT and picked a team for the flat stages  39

Shhhh! Stop giving my tactics away!

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah agreed, I've done mine, no sprinters in the purist team...

For standard, I've gone for broke on the TTT with two riders from each of the three teams I think will do well, as normally I mess up the TTTs by being too conservative.

Probably the first race this season when you've got no chance of being able to afford all the riders you want, which made it great fun to pick a team!

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Yeah agreed, I've done mine, no sprinters in the purist team...

For standard, I've gone for broke on the TTT with two riders from each of the three teams I think will do well, as normally I mess up the TTTs by being too conservative.

Probably the first race this season when you've got no chance of being able to afford all the riders you want, which made it great fun to pick a team!

Ive got two sprinters in my purist, kind of took a risk

0 likes

TA is hatd to pick. By the time U have picked four likely stage winners you only have fifteen. Credits left...ugh...might need to use a different tactic... nine climbers maybe...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

The popularity rankings don't usually work until after the first stage. For example it's likely that TJVG, Chavanel, Westra, Bouhanni and Porte are the 5 most popular riders for Paris-Nice.

What I would say is that where it's ordered alphabetically it usually means that there's is no ranking, for TA it's likely that Sanchez and Kreuziger have some kind of residual popularity as they appear to be the only ones ranked on popularity.

Latest Comments