Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice: Stage 1

Right, team picked. Five sprinters, three sprinting all-rounders and the current leader's jersey holder. Hoping he remembers his track legs For the final km's after a day on the roads.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

42 comments

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Balls out of the bath time for me as well - mine's a sprint-heavy squad.

Couldn't resist tinkering with my squad, which I had picked specifically with saving transfers in mind. Brought in Kelderman and Soupe in the hope they'll finish at the front somewhere and get me GC points (no Viviani though, which seems to run contrary to most others - could be egg on face time come this evening).

Expecting big things from Bouhanni today and tomorrow...

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

bouhanni
Renshaw
porte
Chav
Kittel
Vivianni
Peraud
kristoff
Westra

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

On the gun, Romain Sicard (EUS), Bertjan Lindeman (VCD) and Yannick Talabardon (SOJ) broke clear. They now lead the bunch by 1:25.

Personally my pick for leader at the end of the day is Viviani, especially given that three have gone up the road so there shouldn't be any bonus seconds available out of the peloton to the likes of Chavanel.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

In fairness though my extra sprinter is Hutarovich who is either great, or awful, and could do absolutely nothing today. Having Meersman may put you ahead tomorrow (assuming you keep him) as it's not such an easy finish.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

In fairness though my extra sprinter is Hutarovich who is either great, or awful, and could do absolutely nothing today. Having Meersman may put you ahead tomorrow (assuming you keep him) as it's not such an easy finish.

I too have also gambled on the enigma that is `Hutarovich`.....Good....Bad.....and nothing in between...

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I was thinking he could actually do something on stage 3, same with Hivert.

Actually hoping Grivko goes in the break to try and take the bonus seconds

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My team still not looking great  39 I dont even have all the sprinters you guys have, and you guys have GC points too!

Bouhanni
Kristoff
Kittel
Renshaw
Viviani
Hivert
Meersman
Grivko
Tejay

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

You're right, Viviani and Renshaw have the chance of taking the lead at the finish plus there are 3, 2 & 1 seconds available at each of the two intermediate sprints.

My team for today:

Westra
Chavanel
Hivert
Renshaw
Viviani
Kittel
Bouhanni
Hutarovich
Kristoff

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

You're right, Viviani and Renshaw have the chance of taking the lead at the finish plus there are 3, 2 & 1 seconds available at each of the two intermediate sprints.

My team for today:

Westra
Chavanel
Hivert
Renshaw
Viviani
Kittel
Bouhanni
Hutarovich
Kristoff

Mine is as above, except replace Hivert and Westra (incidentally both in my purist team) with Matthews (bit of a shot in the dark) and Gallopin.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had 6 sprinters and 3 TTers for yesterday, so kept Chavanel and brought in 2 more sprinters as the winds don't look like they'll cause problems today. Hoping for a good day - although I'm sure a lot of people will have similar teams...

My French isn't great, but from scanning the rules, I think that the stage winner gets 10 secs bonus, then 6 and 4 - so sprinters that had a good prologue will have their eye on the Yellow Jersey...

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Made 4 transfers which will hopefully pay off next 2 days and give me some green arrows??

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got rid of geniez and larsson...heres hoping for better scores on stage two

Pages

Latest Comments