Chain Reaction no longer stocking Endura?

by cat1commuter   March 2, 2013  

I've just been to the Chain Reaction Cycles website to look for some Endura clothing, but the brand appears to have been expunged. Anyone know if they no longer supply Endura? Or maybe it is a just a glitch?

10 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I noticed it wasent on chainreactioncycles a while ago on there drop down brand menu but if you search endura all the products come up i ordered endura shorts from there on wednesday Confused

posted by callum89 [2 posts]
2nd March 2013 - 19:57

like this
Like (0)

Not any more. Search on the site for "Endura overshoes" and you get overshoes and other products with "endurance" in the name, but no Endura products.

two wheels good; four wheels bad

posted by cat1commuter [1288 posts]
3rd March 2013 - 10:58

like this
Like (0)

it seems to be available in most other places just not chain reaction or wiggle.

http://bikes.alpinebikes.com/search?w=overshoe

http://www.evanscycles.com/search?query=overshoe&x=-517&y=-40

posted by Lost faith in t... [107 posts]
3rd March 2013 - 11:28

like this
Like (0)

I think Endura's limit on discount has put some retailers off. I've bought a lot of Endura items, but they seem to be keeping prices under control.

I can understand this from a keeping the LBS supported as they won't need to discount, but not sure how legal it is if this is what they are doing.

posted by IanD [20 posts]
3rd March 2013 - 17:44

like this
Like (0)

endura are also stopping retailers selling items on ebay. you will notice the listings are shrinking. only really people who have stock are clearing what they have.

posted by russyparkin [540 posts]
4th March 2013 - 16:39

like this
Like (0)

russyparkin wrote:
endura are also stopping retailers selling items on ebay. you will notice the listings are shrinking. only really people who have stock are clearing what they have.

Many brands are stopping this now. My LBS have had to pull alot of stuff from Ebay after being told to take it down.

They can flog some of last years stock if they want, but nothing from winter 2012 onwards

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [7807 posts]
5th March 2013 - 20:01

like this
Like (0)

russyparkin wrote:

Yep whilst in my LBS the other day, I was informed that Endura have told retailers they may no longer sell Endura products online Surprise

Take a deep breath, this is gonna hurt like hell....

peghook's picture

posted by peghook [7 posts]
5th March 2013 - 20:11

like this
Like (0)

Hmmm... if that's true I'll be dropping my loyalty to Endura although if others are doing the same I'll be struggling.

Can't believe this is legal, and what about those who stay nowhere near a bike shop. How are they supposed to get any clothing?

posted by IanD [20 posts]
5th March 2013 - 23:21

like this
Like (0)

This is entirely illegal in the EU, however the bike trade is a massive old boys club and price fixing etc. is rampant.

posted by drfabulous0 [140 posts]
6th March 2013 - 8:44

like this
Like (0)

Endura was the working mans bike kit (cheap and cheerful) for those who couldn't afford top end name ED cycling gear.

Endura and Altura are pricing their stuff UP & up, and out of the lower end market. While some of their kit is OK; it's not the best of equipement.

posted by Mostyn [386 posts]
6th March 2013 - 9:24

like this
Like (0)