Home

Standard:

Sagan
Van Avermaet
Nibali
Nocentini
Cunego
Caruso
Ulissi
Pellizotti
Marcato

Purist:

Betancur
Gasparotto
Caruso
Phinney
Van Avermaet
Cunego
Santambrogio
Rabottini
Sagan

56 comments

Avatar
STEVESPRO 79 [531 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

STANDARD..

Sagan
Nizzolo
Nibali
Moser
Gasparotto
Modolo
Pirazzi
Caruso
Duarte

PURIST..

Sagan
Nizzolo
Valverde
Nordhaug
Santambrogio
Marcato
Cummings
Slagter
Brutt

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4461 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Standard:

Nibali
Nocenini
Cunego
Santambrogio
Sagan
Marcato
Van Avermaet
Reda
Atapuma

Purist:

Cancellara
Cunego
Gatto
Sagan
Valverde
Gasparotto
Marcato
Brutt
Reda

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4461 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I wonder how many have Cancellara in there Purist team like me  39 Yes its a risk, but I still think if he finishes top 3 then he will outscore many of the other options I had for riders riding more than one race

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I just couldn't bring myself I pick him. No doubting the talent, but just not seen the form.

Avatar
STEVESPRO 79 [531 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Toyed with Fab for ages and in the end let my head rule my heart.....So how my season is going Fab is a cert for a podium....  1

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I went for:

*Standard

Nibali(I think it's his today)
Sagan
Gasparotto(just watched last years Amstel)
Cunego
Cummings
Montaguti
Moser
Phinney
Nocentini

*Purist

Valverde
Sagan
Belletti
Gasparotto
Blythe
Cummings
Cunego
Niemiec
Gadret

The bottom 7 are riding all 3 and Sagan/Valverde have winning chances in both of the 2 they're riding.

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1702 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

A lot of the same names cropping up - as with my teams as well...

Standard - Pellizotti, Reda, Marcato, Sagan, Nocentini, van Avermaet, Ponzi, Battaglin (always fancy one wildcard for the break), Caruso (the Cannondale one)

Purist - Pellizotti, Reda, Marcato, Sagan, van Avermaet, Ponzi, Valverde, Gasparotto, Pozzato

TER - If Cancellara does come top 3, I'd say he will have been worth picking - I had him in my purist team until the third race was added, then I had a bit of a brain-melt and totally changed my teams for no discernible reason!

Tried to avoid people who haven't ridden much so far this season (ie Moser), although a couple of my picks above definitely contradict that tactic...

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4461 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Well it seems if my purist team is doing well, then its a pick that could make or break it for me. He has that knack of putting in a performance when its a race he wants to do well in.

Avatar
Gkam84 [9068 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Only giving you my Purist squad  19

Manuel Belletti
Marco Frapporti
Enrico Gasparotto
Valerio Agnoli
Adam Blythe
Steven Cummings
Alejandro Valverde
Mauro Santambrogio
Peter Sagan

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Well it seems if my purist team is doing well, then its a pick that could make or break it for me. He has that knack of putting in a performance when its a race he wants to do well in.

Apparently the organisers have promised to name a stretch of the route after him(Via Spartacus would sound great)if he wins for a third time!!

Avatar
stumps [3182 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Purist:

Enrico Gasparotto
Peter Sagan
Paolo Tiralongo
Rinaldo Nocentini
Marco Marcato
Matteo Rabottini
Amets Txurruka
Filippo Pozzato
Damiano Cunego

Standard;

Rinaldo Nocentini
Emanuele Sella
Steven Cummings
Peter Sagan
Tomasz Marczynski
Oscar Gatto
Giacomo Nizzolo
Michele Scarponi
Enrico Gasparotto

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Belletti's not starting http://www.direttaciclismo.it/2013/live/gp-camaiore-11903.php

Bad start for my Purists.

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Cunego is a steal.

Avatar
STEVESPRO 79 [531 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Only giving you my Purist squad  19

Manuel Belletti
Marco Frapporti
Enrico Gasparotto
Valerio Agnoli
Adam Blythe
Steven Cummings
Alejandro Valverde
Mauro Santambrogio
Peter Sagan

cards close to his chest for a change...instead of usual duff info...lol

Avatar
Benway [73 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I got some defending to do so ATTACK:

STD:

Sagan
Nibali
Gasparotto
Caruso
Atapuma
Cunego
Montaguti
Marczynski
Txurruka

PURE:

Betancurt
Cunego
Gasparotto
Brutt
Gadret
Sagan
Caruso
Cancellara
Valverde

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Well i've gone a different route with my teams

Standard

Sagan
Modolo
Sella
Santambrogio
Marcato
Phinney
Chaves (NOW NOT RIDING ANY OF 3 RACES  20 )
Nocentini
Nizzolo

Purist

Sagan
Cancellara
Slagter
Cummings
Modolo
Reda
Pelucchi
Rabottini
Duarte

Having a play with the not so obvious riders  26

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Break is 9:53"

Pedro Paulinho - CEF

Alessandro Proni - VIN

Maxim Belkov - KAT

Stefano Agostini - CAN

Taylor Phinney - BMC  4

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Now 11'47" Phinney took first int sprint

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Information on scoring
This stage will be scored on the following criteria:

Finish line: Points awarded for the first 20 riders over the line in a race or stage
Last man home: 10 points awarded for the last man home on a tour stage or one-day race
Breakaway bonus: 10 points to any rider in a lead breakaway group
Team bonus: 5 points to every participating rider in the winning rider's team

Scoring notes for this competition

Finish line points

50, 40, 30, 25, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Phinney et al won't get sprint points but assuming they stay out they will get 10 points for the breakaway. I reckon Phinney is just testing his legs ahead of Paris-Roubaix and won't be contesting the win today.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4461 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Now 11'47" Phinney took first int sprint

No sprint points in the game, just 10 breakaway points for everyone in the group if they are still away at halfway, which id imagine so

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

i know theres no sprint points, just a progress report thats all!

Give me some credit been playing this long enough....

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4461 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

i know theres no sprint points, just a progress report thats all!

Give me some credit been playing this long enough....

Apologies

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Quote:

Information on scoring
This stage will be scored on the following criteria:

Finish line: Points awarded for the first 20 riders over the line in a race or stage
Last man home: 10 points awarded for the last man home on a tour stage or one-day race
Breakaway bonus: 10 points to any rider in a lead breakaway group
Team bonus: 5 points to every participating rider in the winning rider's team

Scoring notes for this competition

Finish line points

50, 40, 30, 25, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Phinney et al won't get sprint points but assuming they stay out they will get 10 points for the breakaway. I reckon Phinney is just testing his legs ahead of Paris-Roubaix and won't be contesting the win today.

Roubaix's 5 weeks away?

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Aye, but it's not too early to practice your long breaks  16

I think I might stick Phinney in my provisional team for PR, think he's becoming the new Cancellara, a great TTer that can do the long breakaway wins in the classics.

Avatar
Wig_Billy [577 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Standard;

Sagan
Nibali
GVA
Santambrogio
Ulissi
Nocentini
Reda
Rubiano
Cunego

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I wonder how many have Cancellara in there Purist team like me  39 Yes its a risk, but I still think if he finishes top 3 then he will outscore many of the other options I had for riders riding more than one race

Same thinking here. Purist;

Cancellara
Sagan
GVA
Cunego
Pozzato
Gatto
Santambrogio
Reda
Battaglin

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I suppose he has got long legs to stretch  3

Avatar
simon F [993 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Over half way now so at least I won't get zero points today  4

Avatar
Benway [73 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Gap at 8:50 with 81km to go

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

#GPCamaiore Gap has now dropped to 3'50" with 47km to go

All coming back together  4

Avatar
Gkam84 [9068 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

So if they all finish, these guys will all score 10.

Pedro Paulinho
Alessandro Proni
Maxim Belkov
Stefano Agostini
Taylor Phinney

I just hope the results are up sharpish, Got a bus to catch at half 3  26 26

Pages