Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GP Camaiore / Strade Bianchi / Roma Maxima

My teams are picked!

Slightly worried about my purist team though, it's coming in at 120 credits!

Liking the combination of these three races, makes for some interesting picks, especially for my purist team.

Any tips for those making last minute choices? I've not gone solely for those riding all three and have picked Sagan but most of my others are cheapo Italians.

Also, Gatto is no longer riding Camaiore according to Cycling Fever, just Strade and Roma now.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

My Camaiore team then:

Sagan
Caruso
Blyth
Nibali
Nocentini
Sella
Pellizoti
Betancurt

and my Purist:

Sagan
Valverde
Kessiakoff
Gatto
Reda
Pellizotti
Cunego
Betancurt
Pirazzi

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Despite him having suffered bronchitis until fairly recently, I still can't resist picking Sagan. Expensive gamble, no doubt, but surely he'll do something this week.

makiavelli | 11 years ago
0 likes

Done! My purist team has 6 italians, a colombian, a slovak, and a dutch. 5 will be racing in GP Camiore, 8 in strade bianche and 7 in roma maxima,. Is that a decent spread of racers for a purist?

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm targeting Strade Bianche with one team, all three with the other one. All purist.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seven Italians in my Standard team....Just the three in my Purist...

obutterwick replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Seven Italians in my Standard team....Just the three in my Purist...

Likewise.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist is made up of italians + 1 other. Most are riding 2 out of 3 races with the odd one doing all 3. Ended up with 13 credits spare !

I managed to get one brit in my standard team who's riding all 3.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think so, unlimited rolling over of transfers for premiums is built into the game I think so I don't see why not.

Rolling forward 2/3 transfers was part of my plan so I hope so!

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Are we allowed to save some of the 6 transfers between GP and Bianchi and add them to the 6 we get between Bianchi and Roma?

letsgoup replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Are we allowed to save some of the 6 transfers between GP and Bianchi and add them to the 6 we get between Bianchi and Roma?

I'm banking on rolling over unused transfers within a competition. Thats what I understood my tenner to get me amongst other things  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

For my purist team I tried to stick to those riding two or three races and have both 'big hitters' but avoided Nibali purely as he's only racing once. In fairness he could well win Camaiore and outscore all the rest of my guys but I took the chance that my picks would top 10 two or three times.

Standard wise I'm loaded up on Camaiore riders with a view to switching people out over the next couple of stages. I can field a full Bianchi team with about 3/4 transfers so in theory could totally rework my team for Roma.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gone a bit random for Purist.
Picked a standard team all riding GP with a couple who are riding the others, which should aid in transfers.  26
A lot of Italians through out though  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I did the same Ray, I picked guys riding all three, then narrowed it down to those I think can do something, then pulled in the best who are riding 2/3  19

In Standard I just went on gut and don't even know how many are doing the next race  26

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

In purist I started by picking nine guys riding all three but was also left with lots of credits so took out the two least likely to do anything and replaced with the 2 heaviest hitters riding two races.

In standard,with 6 transfers allowed between races I pretty much picked three guys riding all 3 races who could well do something in each of them then fitted in 6 guys suited to the rolling up/down circuit based racing of the G.P....and four of those are riding Bianchi too so I've only got 2 that definitely need to come out after the G.P.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have 6 Italians in one of my teams and 7 in the other - and as usual can't resist Sagan. Don't really feel the need to find guys that are riding all three - anyone that can score big points in one race, or top 10 in 2, would be worth having.

Not exactly hot tips, but there are 4 guys from Androni that I'm basically flipping a coin between - Pellizotti, Reda, Felline and Gavazzi could all do something in at least one of these races.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't worry, my purist team was coming in at 65.3 until I changed it around a bit and looked at the start lists again  19

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well ive now taken Gatto out of my standard team then.

Got one risk for Strade in my purist team, but hopefully his 50 points will make it a non gamble  3

As for tips, the guy ive replaced Gatto with I think will do well in Camaiore

Latest Comments