Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Apologies and thoughts?

Right, Its MY fault that the Early classics has become a bit of a joke. From the outset it was going to be Omloop and KBK, that was it.

Seen as the season has been going quite smoothly so far for most, I thought I would reward the premium users with an extra couple of races and squeeze them into the early classics as a bit of a bonus for you.

Unfortunately the KBK was cancelled, do to conditions outwith my control. I may act like god, but I do not control the weather. Sorry  3

Now Le Samyn is looking like a bust aswell, because I cannot get a start list, I have even emailed AND phoned the hosts, to no joy I'm afraid.

So......

What would all your premiums say if Le Samyn was switched out for G.P. Camaiore.

Thus giving you an extra day to plan teams, I have the full startlist, which I can update RIGHT NOW. Giving you three Italian races, back to back, with very similar teams. It would look like this

G.P. Camaiore 28th Feb
Strade Bianche 2nd March
Roma Maxima 3rd March

If this is not to everyone's taste. Thats ok, but as of right now, Le Samyn is looking like a wash out I'm afraid

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

This page?

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Its been there all the time, just not had its own title link  26

it's been superseded by the rankings page though, which in due course will be sortable

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I like the overall season league table, its my main aim rather than individual comps- But I reckon it's safe based on what Dave said  4

I think have as many races as possible but keep the overlapping to a minimum. When there are lots of races all at the same time pick the highest calibre race with the most reliable data/start lists and leave out the lesser known races TBH.

Finally I like the classics and linking 3 or 4 together for one (purist too) competition is good. Keep it as it is without allowing too many (any for purist) transfers. Its tough at times but games are boring if they are too easy  19

northstar replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Ok folks. Here is the PDF, All riders for all three races have now been added.

I have don't my best to keep the teams lines up

http://bit.ly/YVGbYa

Thanks, most helpful again  16

TERatcliffe26 replied to letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:

I like the overall season league table, its my main aim rather than individual comps- But I reckon it's safe based on what Dave said  4

I think have as many races as possible but keep the overlapping to a minimum. When there are lots of races all at the same time pick the highest calibre race with the most reliable data/start lists and leave out the lesser known races TBH.

Finally I like the classics and linking 3 or 4 together for one (purist too) competition is good. Keep it as it is without allowing too many (any for purist) transfers. Its tough at times but games are boring if they are too easy  19

But most of the time it is two big races overlapping, so I don't see a problem with that, I'd hate to do a team for Paris-Nice but Tirreno for example. Same with the TdS and dauphine, Giro and ToC,

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I said keep the overlapping to a "minimum". Not don't have it at all. I accept there will be overlaps. When there are two big well known races with good data (especially tours) so be it. But if the races in question are one day classics and some of them are minor or even VERY MINOR- pick one (the better one).

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

I see that the Rankings page says "Only riders participating in this competition are shown,", but it's showing 1,575 riders. I sort of expected that one day we would have that 'Riders' page back so I wouldn't have to go to another website to see everyone in the race on one page, especially when the riders are already uploaded, it's frustrating not to get that here

Dave Atkinson wrote:

oh that. yeah, was on the list of fixes. is now fixed.

Ok, cool. I see what you did. So nice of you. Thanks! I really missed that page. You made my day.

Ok, now how about a compromise for those who like to see all 1,575 riders?

Why don't you keep all 1,575 riders on the Rankings page but add one of your famous "Show/Hide" buttons giving you an option to see ONLY the riders, and their values, of course, for the current competition(s), for example, Paris Nice right now?

Gkam84 wrote:

This page?

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders...

Yeah, that was it, but it had the rider values in it and was sorted highest values first. And what was neat was that if you looked at it during the competition you could see what riders had the highest running total score during the competititon. It didn't have the total scores for that rider for the full year, just the total during the competition, which was quiet nice to look at, and, to my opinion, more relevant than all of last year's scores. Thanks!  1

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

I am a relative Newbie to this world, and I am enjoying the learning experience I am getting from these new races that I didn't even know existed. If it hadn't been for Road CC. I would not be enjoying this new aspect of being a cycling fan. The more I understand and participate in these races (well the fantasy side anyway) the more I think you can stick your Premier league where the sun don't shine. Well done Dave, Gkam, and whoever else is involved, keep up the good work. Best £10.00 I have spent this year.

So pleasant HYPOCRITE

Pages

Latest Comments