Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Apologies and thoughts?

Right, Its MY fault that the Early classics has become a bit of a joke. From the outset it was going to be Omloop and KBK, that was it.

Seen as the season has been going quite smoothly so far for most, I thought I would reward the premium users with an extra couple of races and squeeze them into the early classics as a bit of a bonus for you.

Unfortunately the KBK was cancelled, do to conditions outwith my control. I may act like god, but I do not control the weather. Sorry  3

Now Le Samyn is looking like a bust aswell, because I cannot get a start list, I have even emailed AND phoned the hosts, to no joy I'm afraid.

So......

What would all your premiums say if Le Samyn was switched out for G.P. Camaiore.

Thus giving you an extra day to plan teams, I have the full startlist, which I can update RIGHT NOW. Giving you three Italian races, back to back, with very similar teams. It would look like this

G.P. Camaiore 28th Feb
Strade Bianche 2nd March
Roma Maxima 3rd March

If this is not to everyone's taste. Thats ok, but as of right now, Le Samyn is looking like a wash out I'm afraid

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I said keep the overlapping to a "minimum". Not don't have it at all. I accept there will be overlaps. When there are two big well known races with good data (especially tours) so be it. But if the races in question are one day classics and some of them are minor or even VERY MINOR- pick one (the better one).

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I like the overall season league table, its my main aim rather than individual comps- But I reckon it's safe based on what Dave said  4

I think have as many races as possible but keep the overlapping to a minimum. When there are lots of races all at the same time pick the highest calibre race with the most reliable data/start lists and leave out the lesser known races TBH.

Finally I like the classics and linking 3 or 4 together for one (purist too) competition is good. Keep it as it is without allowing too many (any for purist) transfers. Its tough at times but games are boring if they are too easy  19

TERatcliffe26 replied to letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:

I like the overall season league table, its my main aim rather than individual comps- But I reckon it's safe based on what Dave said  4

I think have as many races as possible but keep the overlapping to a minimum. When there are lots of races all at the same time pick the highest calibre race with the most reliable data/start lists and leave out the lesser known races TBH.

Finally I like the classics and linking 3 or 4 together for one (purist too) competition is good. Keep it as it is without allowing too many (any for purist) transfers. Its tough at times but games are boring if they are too easy  19

But most of the time it is two big races overlapping, so I don't see a problem with that, I'd hate to do a team for Paris-Nice but Tirreno for example. Same with the TdS and dauphine, Giro and ToC,

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

This page?

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Its been there all the time, just not had its own title link  26

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

This page?

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Its been there all the time, just not had its own title link  26

it's been superseded by the rankings page though, which in due course will be sortable

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

hardly a deal breaker though  39

0 likes
Quote:

I see that the Rankings page says "Only riders participating in this competition are shown,", but it's showing 1,575 riders. I sort of expected that one day we would have that 'Riders' page back so I wouldn't have to go to another website to see everyone in the race on one page, especially when the riders are already uploaded, it's frustrating not to get that here

oh that. yeah, was on the list of fixes. is now fixed.

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

I see that the Rankings page says "Only riders participating in this competition are shown,", but it's showing 1,575 riders. I sort of expected that one day we would have that 'Riders' page back so I wouldn't have to go to another website to see everyone in the race on one page, especially when the riders are already uploaded, it's frustrating not to get that here

Dave Atkinson wrote:

oh that. yeah, was on the list of fixes. is now fixed.

Ok, cool. I see what you did. So nice of you. Thanks! I really missed that page. You made my day.

Ok, now how about a compromise for those who like to see all 1,575 riders?

Why don't you keep all 1,575 riders on the Rankings page but add one of your famous "Show/Hide" buttons giving you an option to see ONLY the riders, and their values, of course, for the current competition(s), for example, Paris Nice right now?

Gkam84 wrote:

This page?

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders...

Yeah, that was it, but it had the rider values in it and was sorted highest values first. And what was neat was that if you looked at it during the competition you could see what riders had the highest running total score during the competititon. It didn't have the total scores for that rider for the full year, just the total during the competition, which was quiet nice to look at, and, to my opinion, more relevant than all of last year's scores. Thanks!  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

enrique, you've totally lost me.

Right now PN is open with a full start list.

Start lists pop up a couple of weeks in advance of the race, try look for the Vuelta Catalunya or Pais Vasco, there's nothing concrete about the stage profiles left alone start lists.

Because of the way rider values are set dynamically per race until a profile is available it is literally impossible to set values and open the competition. The rider values depend on profiles so there are lots of things that need to happen before competitions get opened, its not as simple as confirming a race in the calendar, picking rider values out of a hat and rolling the competition out to players.

enrique replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

enrique, you've totally lost me...

Dr, I know the start lists are in the game, what I miss is the page we had last year when you could go to the 'Riders' page and all the participants for that competition would be listed on that one page, with their values, their team and their full name.

I liked seeing all the riders set out on one page. I think the list was sorted by value.

I know I could click on each consecutive page of the start list, I think there are 9 pages for Paris Nice as it stands right now, and see who's on it, but I really miss the convenience of one page showing all the riders and their values on one page like we had it last year. I can't see why that page isn't published anymore.

I see that the Rankings page says "Only riders participating in this competition are shown,", but it's showing 1,575 riders. I sort of expected that one day we would have that 'Riders' page back so I wouldn't have to go to another website to see everyone in the race on one page, especially when the riders are already uploaded, it's frustrating not to get that here (!)... And I loved it last year! Anyways, I hope it's clearer, I guess if it won't happen it won't happen, but I can't stop shaking my head saying "the rider data is already uploaded, why can't someone publish the page like they used to do before"?  39

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awesome my eyes are now bleeding after re-jigging my teams......but got there in the end  26

Cracking work GKam as per usual  4

0 likes
Quote:

what about next time somebody sets up the start list pages for the competitions that are already on the calendar, with rider values on them, like we did last year, for every race, before (!) we start adding races that aren't on the calendar...

the rider values are dependent on the results from previous races. so you can't set up every race at the start of the year.

sanderville replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

the rider values are dependent on the results from previous races.

How come Sicknote Schleck has gained .6 in value?

ray silvester replied to sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

the rider values are dependent on the results from previous races.

How come Sicknote Schleck has gained .6 in value?

I think he picked up 10pts for a last place at some stage so if fantasy points scored in this game are a factor then that's as good as an 11th place in the Omloop.

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

the rider values are dependent on the results from previous races. so you can't set up every race at the start of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking a setup for every race at the start of the year, I'm just asking that, for example, Paris Nice is open right now, why can't we have a start list with all the riders and their values up for Paris Nice, instead of the Rankings page where all the riders are listed, just like we had last year?...

And I'm trying to take nothing away from Gkam at all... His efforts are incredible, I echo the sentiment below:

Sanderville wrote:

Blimey... That startlist PDF is a handy piece of work...

I'd just like to have that start page up when a competition opens, like with Paris Nice... Is it just too hard because people are so busy or is it a waste of time to set it up like you did last year?...

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

Blimey, Geekers. That startlist PDF is a handy piece of work. Treat yourself to a hobnob.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok folks. Here is the PDF, All riders for all three races have now been added.

I have don't my best to keep the teams lines up

http://bit.ly/YVGbYa

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Wow. Impressive. Some day, I'll be a premium and get to enjoy all of this. For now, though let me say this, and I'm going to get hell for saying it, but, what about next time somebody sets up the start list pages for the competitions that are already on the calendar, with rider values on them, like we did last year, for every race, before (!) we start adding races that aren't on the calendar...

Can you tell I really miss those pages? The Rankings pages is just every rider and well, it never really has gotten whittled down to those riders that are in the current competition, like it says it should be (!)  39

Yeah, I'm bummed I can't play in all these races, I really am, and I know I'm frustrated, but I also would want, even if I'm not paying for it, the quality of the preparation we had for races last year...  39

No offense, Gkam, you're the man and I know people are enjoying this, you know, with Dave saying 93% of Premiums have joined these races, but I feel a little ignored out here... Sorry if I riled anyone with this, just airing it out....

northstar replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I have don't my best to keep the teams lines up

Thanks, most helpful again  16

stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

I am a relative Newbie to this world, and I am enjoying the learning experience I am getting from these new races that I didn't even know existed. If it hadn't been for Road CC. I would not be enjoying this new aspect of being a cycling fan. The more I understand and participate in these races (well the fantasy side anyway) the more I think you can stick your Premier league where the sun don't shine. Well done Dave, Gkam, and whoever else is involved, keep up the good work. Best £10.00 I have spent this year.

chrisdstripes replied to stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

I am a relative Newbie to this world, and I am enjoying the learning experience I am getting from these new races that I didn't even know existed. If it hadn't been for Road CC. I would not be enjoying this new aspect of being a cycling fan. The more I understand and participate in these races (well the fantasy side anyway) the more I think you can stick your Premier league where the sun don't shine. Well done Dave, Gkam, and whoever else is involved, keep up the good work. Best £10.00 I have spent this year.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

So pleasant HYPOCRITE

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - better decision having all 3 italian races together. completely agree, cheers matey.

cherrypicked | 11 years ago
0 likes

First of all I would like to say that I appreciate the game and the effort that those involved put in to making it happen.

as for right now...
Well, we can make selections on the available startlists (for all 3), like I pretty much have, or we decide something else. We kind of need to know. People are in different timezones around the world, and may have planned other commitments to fit in around submitting a team.

Many people don't have endless time to do this, and it is quite difficult to be flexible enough to cope with last minute changes to the races we are looking at . Some of us have family, work, other commitments, heck, even like to get out on the bike from time to time.

Let's have a plan and stick with it. My personal opinion is that once a series of races is unlocked it, no new races are added, and cancellations are dealt with as per KBK (without the need for replacement).

ray silvester replied to cherrypicked | 11 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

First of all I would like to say that I appreciate the game and the effort that those involved put in to making it happen.

as for right now...
Well, we can make selections on the available startlists (for all 3), like I pretty much have, or we decide something else. We kind of need to know. People are in different timezones around the world, and may have planned other commitments to fit in around submitting a team.

Many people don't have endless time to do this, and it is quite difficult to be flexible enough to cope with last minute changes to the races we are looking at . Some of us have family, work, other commitments, heck, even like to get out on the bike from time to time.

Let's have a plan and stick with it. My personal opinion is that once a series of races is unlocked it, no new races are added, and cancellations are dealt with as per KBK (without the need for replacement).

Hear Hear well said

The 3 Italian races seems like the best compromise

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, Camaiore has been added, just making up a PDF comparing them and will get the start list sorted  26

cherrypicked replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Ok, Camaiore has been added, just making up a PDF comparing them and will get the start list sorted  26

So now we have to go through it all again?

dave atkinson replied to cherrypicked | 11 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

So now we have to go through it all again?

well we didn't have a startlist for le samyn, or indeed any confirmation it was going to happen. that was the problem. so it's not really a case of doing it again unless you managed to find the full startlist somewhere, or did it from a partial one. even now, the day before the race is supposed to happen, we can only find a partial list

granted swapping the race isn't perfect. but then neither is someone from europcar winning le samyn and everyone moaning because they didn't declare their squad until the morning of the race. we're on less familiar ground here. we'll know better what to go for next year.

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd be fine with dropping Le Samyn too. I wouldnt add Camaiore though for two reasons:
1) more preparation time for the other two races
2) Camaiore is useful to assess the form of riders who go on racing the other two races

No need to apologize, you doing a good job Gkam.  1

TERatcliffe26 replied to arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

I'd be fine with dropping Le Samyn too. I wouldnt add Camaiore though for two reasons:
1) more preparation time for the other two races
2) Camaiore is useful to assess the form of riders who go on racing the other two races

No need to apologize, you doing a good job Gkam.  1

One problem though is if we don't do samyn, you cant delete that stage, so we at least need to change the date to push back preparation, so we may as well just change the stage to Camaiore. As you still wouldn't have until sunday to prep for the races anyway with unlimited transfers

Pages

Latest Comments