Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice Rider Roster and Values

Paris Nice is just a few weeks away. Are the rider values listed on the Rankings page what the riders will be worth in a couple of weeks or is there a chance that a riders value may change in the next few weeks?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rider classification is based on value and points scored. Kittel hasn't scored that well recently so he's dropped down the price categories and he's no longer valued high enough to be given a category.

fxceltic | 11 years ago
0 likes

Marcel kittel listed as a domestique? I totally missed him as a result. Why is this dave?

TERatcliffe26 replied to fxceltic | 11 years ago
0 likes
fxceltic wrote:

Marcel kittel listed as a domestique? I totally missed him as a result. Why is this dave?

Because he hasn't scored many fantasy points comparative to others riding, and the style of race meaning only a couple of flat stages, means his fantasy value is low, and thus too low to be classed as a star rider (no DS values will be higher than stars and vice versa this year). I dont think anyone with a value below 18 with be a star for the big races

chokofingrz | 11 years ago
0 likes

The link above now also suggests that L. Haedo, G. Rast, L. Didier, A. Zeits and L.A. Mate will ride. Those are just some of the ones who haven't been added in the game yet...

enrique replied to chokofingrz | 11 years ago
0 likes
chokofingrz wrote:

The link above now also suggests that L. Haedo, G. Rast, L. Didier, A. Zeits and L.A. Mate will ride. Those are just some of the ones who haven't been added in the game yet...

That's one of the nice things about having the 'Rankings' page show all the riders on one page. You can check this info more easily... Thanks for making the fix, Dave!  1

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Should Samuel Sanchez be on the Paris Nice roster?... I don't see him on the start list at:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/116758022-Paris-Nice-WT-2013-Startlist

I don't see Inaki Isasi there either!...

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its OK, the rider values for Paris-Nice have been set now and once set for a race, they won't change, so you're good to go.

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Its OK, the rider values for Paris-Nice have been set now and once set for a race, they won't change, so you're good to go.

Cool! So no surprises or changes, Chris? By the way, how do you know?  1

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

As once a competition opens, rider values are set and do not change

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
enrique wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

As once a competition opens, rider values are set and do not change

Really?

They just added a whole race to the early classics season?

dave atkinson replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Really?

They just added a whole race to the early classics season?

did the rider values change?

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm. If I pick a team and the values go up then I suppose I'll have to re-pick because I'll be over-budget.

But in the real world I would benefit from my business acumen in hiring riders before they become worth so much. So I say reward armchair managers by not imposing a budget limit if their teams appreciate in total value after they have been picked.

Yes, I am desperate for an edge.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The riders values are only set for the early classics, nothing else, they may change, I can't guarantee anything, but they shouldn't change much

Latest Comments