Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Le Samyn / Strade Bianche purist

I guess the rules for Le Samyn / Strade Bianche purist teams are the same as for the previous stages, so it would probably be a good idea to go full house on Strade Bianche participants as the weather in Belgium seems to be somewhat on the crappy side for cycling.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Still, probably not as cold as Belgium though! Had the two best pasta meals of my life in Sienna!

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan or Valverde for my purist team  39

Sagan is not on the roma maxima startlist, however I read this so its thrown my tactics, as I was gonna leave sagan out.

"Sagan has spent the last few days training in Tuscany to avoid the cold and wet weather of northern Europe. After the GP di Camaiore, he will also ride the Strade Bianche race on Saturday, the new Roma Maxima race in Rome on Sunday and then Tirreno-Adriatico, which starts in Tuscany on Wednesday March 6"

Apart from that choice im all set, 2 that will ride Samyn, 2 that will rider just Strade and 5 that will ride strade and maxima

Jonas Lorenzen replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Sagan or Valverde for my purist team  39

Sagan is not on the roma maxima startlist, however I read this so its thrown my tactics, as I was gonna leave sagan out.

"Sagan has spent the last few days training in Tuscany to avoid the cold and wet weather of northern Europe. After the GP di Camaiore, he will also ride the Strade Bianche race on Saturday, the new Roma Maxima race in Rome on Sunday and then Tirreno-Adriatico, which starts in Tuscany on Wednesday March 6"

Apart from that choice im all set, 2 that will ride Samyn, 2 that will rider just Strade and 5 that will ride strade and maxima

"..to avoid the cold.."
Check this out: https://twitter.com/StradeBianche/status/305979392750931969/photo/1

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

cycling fever now has 2/3 startlist complete

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Le Samyn is looking a total bust, with less than 24 hours to go, I can't find all team rosters  14

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have the Roma startlist

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/RomaMaxima/2011/it/download/Iscritti_201...

To be fair, Roma was never on my radar until it was suggested about replacing KBK with it. So yes, its all a bit last minute.

If you think its sent you into a pickle, think about poor old me trying to get startlists and things  19

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I have the Roma startlist

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/RomaMaxima/2011/it/download/Iscritti_201...

To be fair, Roma was never on my radar until it was suggested about replacing KBK with it. So yes, its all a bit last minute.

If you think its sent you into a pickle, think about poor old me trying to get startlists and things  19

You have just beaten me to this, I think I just sit here browsing for the startlists until i go off to work  19  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

In fairness, the problem here is that once a race is opened it's very hard to change anything so it's not possible to swap a 6 transfer window with an unlimited one.

I like the smaller one day races and I think Omloop was a good addition, I think Strade Bianchi will also be a good addition too. I've never heard of Samyn and Roma Maxima is new so we'll have to see how they go.

Purist comps for the classics are ALWAYS complicated. last year you had to pick teams across two or three major one day races which was hard but it's purist, that's the nature of the game.

If everyone is saying that you want unlimited transfers between every one day race so that purists and standards alike can tinker to their hearts content then that's a separate issue but otherwise where there are a limited number of transfers (ie 4 or 6) then purists are restricted to zero because that is how the game works, and how it has always worked.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think had KBK gone ahead something like this culd have worked

Omloop - 4 trans - KBK - Unlimited - Strade - 4/6 trans - Roma

To be fair Roma hasn't taken place for the past 5 years

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think that this comp needs a major rethink for next year. Trying to pick a purist team for 3 races in 2 different countries when the startlist for at least one of them only contains 16 names and one of the others has almost half the teams empty is nigh on impossible. I realise that it's the same for everyone and it's far too late to change anything now for this year but the grouping of races needs to be looked at. The one day races are enough of a lottery as it is, without having to guess whether any of your riders will even be starting, let alone scoring points.

TERatcliffe26 replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

I think that this comp needs a major rethink for next year. Trying to pick a purist team for 3 races in 2 different countries when the startlist for at least one of them only contains 16 names and one of the others has almost half the teams empty is nigh on impossible. I realise that it's the same for everyone and it's far too late to change anything now for this year but the grouping of races needs to be looked at. The one day races are enough of a lottery as it is, without having to guess whether any of your riders will even be starting, let alone scoring points.

True Simon, I think it would all be fine if organisers were as punctual with startlists etc as RCS are, as they had Strade out exactly a week before, and if that was the same for all races it would be much easier. ASO are normally pretty good for there 'big events' but were poor for, Qatar and Oman, Oman especially

dave atkinson replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

I think that this comp needs a major rethink for next year. Trying to pick a purist team for 3 races in 2 different countries when the startlist for at least one of them only contains 16 names and one of the others has almost half the teams empty is nigh on impossible.

yeah, possibly it would be better to run it just with unlimited transfers between all the races and do away with the purist element for it. it took us a couple of years to get the spring classics working okay as well  39

Jonas Lorenzen | 11 years ago
0 likes

6 subs

according to the "stages" tab in the game overview

Jonas Lorenzen | 11 years ago
0 likes
Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Apologies for this as it's probably already been stated elsewhere but between Le Samyn and Strade Bianche how many transfers do we get ???????

I've got my purist team sorted based purely around Strade and Roma but need to get my head sorted for Samyn

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got some more and past them onto Pro stats aswell, so hopefully they will update....anyone wanna chip in?

Topsport Vlaanderen – Baloise

Michael Van Staeyen
Kevin De Jonghe
Preben Van Hecke
Thomas Sprengers
Laurens De Vreese
Sander Armée
Sander Helven
Eliot Lietaer

T.Palm - Pôle Continental Wallon

Louis Convens
Julien Dechesne
Axel Gremelpont
Gaëtan Pons
Glenn Van De Maele
Ian Vansumere
Maxime Vekeman
Andrew Ydens

Color Code - Biowanze

Serge De Wortelaer
Quentin Hoper
Loïc Pestiaux
Boris Vallee
Florent Delfosse
Ludwig De Winter
Florent Mottet
Thomas Wertz

Still searching for these teams

Wallonie - Bruxelles
Roubaix - Lille Métropole
Miche Ville d'Alger
Bretagne- Séché Environnement
UnitedHealthcare
Katusha
Cofidis Solutions Crédits
Europcar
Sojasun
Caja Rural-Seguros RGA
Verandas Willems (accent jobs)??

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was hard but managed to put a purist team together!  39
Now to crack Le Samyn......  102

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im assuming that the teams for the italian races will be similar, and hazve packed my purist eggs in that basket.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Also not finding one for Roma, I wanted to add G.P. Camaiore instead, as I can have a full roster for it....  20

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I doubt I could keep receipts and give them to Road.cc for my fees....Else I would. I'd rather be ANYWHERE but here at the moment

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

strade bianche start list now posted on official website. link thru velowire click 'iscritti'

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry if this has been covered, but can we clarify if purist teams get any transfers between Strade Bianche and the newly added Roma Maxima? Or is it, as I assume, unlimited transfers for Samyn, and then thats your team for the three?

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Sorry if this has been covered, but can we clarify if purist teams get any transfers between Strade Bianche and the newly added Roma Maxima? Or is it, as I assume, unlimited transfers for Samyn, and then thats your team for the three?

Unlimted transfers before Samyn and thats your team for all 3

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Unlimted transfers before Samyn and thats your team for all 3

Cool beans - should be fun!  39

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

This looks like the most up to date one:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/118155022-Le-Samyn-2013-Startlist

Though cycling fever is looking similar too.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I WILL produce a list.....BUT, Feck me, Le Samyn are still showing the 2012 riders list and for the life of me, I cannot find a full startlist  39

JAndrewHill replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I WILL produce a list.....BUT, Feck me, Le Samyn are still showing the 2012 riders list and for the life of me, I cannot find a full startlist  39

Why dont you go over there and ask them face 2 face. Wheres the commitment to this fantasy game. surely as the master of the early classics, it should be your duty...
 4  4  4

archieboy | 11 years ago
0 likes

With Roma Maxima added, purist gonna be a mare to sort out...

letsgoup replied to archieboy | 11 years ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

With Roma Maxima added, purist gonna be a mare to sort out...

Is some kind person going to produce a list of riders competing in all 3 by tomorrow evening.

Go on, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease  4  4  4

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok then, the purists will be filled with van poppels then...

Pages

Latest Comments