Classic season!

by drheaton   February 22, 2013  

Tomorrow marks the start of the classic season and I'm pretty excited.

Usually I suck in the classics and fall way behind in the overall but I'm taking it seriously this year.  Up until now I've felt a bit like Sky during the classics, lots of potential, no results, so its about time I made an break through.

What are you all looking forward to and who do you see excelling?

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how Milan-San Remo goes this year and how much of a shot Cav gets.  Obviously Sagan will be up there for everything but can he win anything?  And what about EBH?  I also see Blanco making some waves, they've been great since losing Rabobank and have a strong lineup with Boom, Vanmarcke and the likes of Nordhaug for the Ardennes.  I'm also concerned for Boonen, how's his form after the operation?  I need him firing on all cylinders for my 'fantasy DS challenge' team.

1 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Nordhaug and Flecha are 2 of my fav riders so i hope both do well although Flecha maybe just the wrong side of 35 now to claim that elusive victory in one of the big classics.

It's also time for G to step upto the mark and prove he has the credentials as a top classics rider with victory in one of the races.

You can never discount spartacus but like Flecha he may just be to old.

Boonen, Gilbert, J-Rod are the usual suspects but i can see one of the younger Blanco / OPQS riders coming to the fore like Slagter.

Its looking like a good season though with no one a clear fav Big Grin

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2840 posts]
22nd February 2013 - 19:27

2 Likes