Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

"Dry Shower" products

Not that it matters in the near future as I am to be made redundant in the next month but....

Does anyone know of a none cycling "dry shower gel or foam"

Nowhere I have ever worked has had decent facilities for cyclists (my current new line manager has even reprimanded me for spending too long in my bike gear before getting changed in the AM, not that this will matter for much longer).

Generally I have been able to get away with changing clothes, towelling dry and applying deodorant though I am unhappy with that.

Recently I have started using Chapeau dry shower gel and I have to say that I am impressed with it other than the price (like much gear when it is activity specific). I know that Muc Off Dry Shower is cheaper but I was wondering if there is such a thing as general dry shower gel or foam. I have done a quick search on Google and the only product I find so far is a boutique brand that you'd find in glitzy hotels and that makes the Chapeau look like a bargain. The sort of price a Rapha or Assos dry shower product would be.

Anyone any ideas for when (and if) I get another job that I can cycle commute to?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

bikeandy61 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have found a company.

http://www.purpleturtle.co.uk/acatalog/No-Rinse.html

These are still not cheap but about half the price by volume and the concentrate could work out to be about 25% of the price.

Leisure centre - is as far from my works as my home so no option.

Generally towel off and deo is fine until about the last hour or so of work. I am VERY paranoid about my BO though. To be fair the Chapeau is very good and you don't actually need to use very much to freshen the pits so it will last and it smells lovely IMHO.

And so far even Mr Skin allergy (me) has not developed any itchy or owt.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I am still waiting for a product called "DryBath" to come to the market, it seems like the ideal product for cyclists.

http://headboy.org/drybath/

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

That manager sounds like a proper douche, although they are useful so maybe not, I guess you would be better off away from a w#@*er like that. Wet wipes and deodorant job done and good luck with the job search.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got to be baby wipes.

Good luck finding a new job.

andyp | 11 years ago
0 likes

baby wipes are your friend...

hotweathercyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Make a pit stop at a local leisure center for a free morning shower. That was my routine!  1

Latest Comments