Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Saddle

I am getting older (58) and am now finding that the saddles on all my bikes are uncomfortable. There is no polite way I can think to put this, they cut off the blood supply to my willy. Even fairly short rides produce an unpleasant sensation when I stop and blood flow returns.

Should I worry about this? And suggestions to improve the saddle?

I bought a Rido saddle and found it unrideable, it might work if I were bolt upright but no use for my Galaxy, Epic or Stumpjumper.

Any ideas?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Seoige | 11 years ago
0 likes

Selle Italia Max Flite...best saddle out there. And a deep cut out to avoid pressure on the nerve.  26

phototext | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have a nice leather Regal on one bike and a Rolls San Marco on another. Until recently they have been comfy. WEnt out with the Rido again today and its OK on my Galaxy, I'll get used to it and it cures the problem. Now for the other bikes.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Glad it's not just me, PJ. I've got three already.

Phototext - when you say that this has happened as you are getting older - has your position changed on the bike? Are you more upright?

Perhaps your tallywhacker might thank you for trying a Brooks? Admittedly they need to be broken in.

PJ McNally | 11 years ago
0 likes

If your Rido is headed for Ebay, I might be interested! They suit me just fine...

Seriously, most of us must have a box of saddles in the garage; I know I do (about 3 or 4, saddles that looked good but that just never suited me).

phototext | 11 years ago
0 likes

No offense taken, you may find further amusement here

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/elite-between-sheets/worlds-largest-li...

phax71 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, I'm in no way making light of your situation (heh, we all have saddle issues at times).. and appreciate you dont want to use colourful language on here ..

... but a 58 year old man calling his Meat and Two Veg a "willy" really has made me smile ..

The immature amongst us salute you Sir ..  1

Latest Comments